HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hot? Hot enough for you? Man, it's hot out there. It's not the heat, it's the humidity.


Yeah, it's summer in New England. 90 degrees and 90% humidity. We go through this every summer, and yet every summer it hits you like a ton of bricks. What the hell is this weather? Why can't I breathe? My windows are all fogged up. We're sleeping downstairs where there is air conditioning. Why? Because it's frigging hot out.

My hair is frizzy, my clothes won't dry on the line, I feel sticky all the time, and no matter how high I turn up the AC, the Girl complains that she's freezing. Tonight she's sitting watching the tube wearing flannel pajama pants and a red hoodie. I think she's part lizard.

Had a busy weekend. The new Harry Potter came out on Friday at midnight, and as usual we were at the bookstore waiting to get our copy. The boy and I both got copies, he finished his on Sunday, I was done Saturday. My feeling on the book is that it tied all the other books in the series together, but it lacked a lot of action and some of the surprised of the other books. The social scene was interesting, and it's pleasant to see that the couples that should go together did get together. The bad guy was who we all thought it would be all along, and the person who died in this volume made for a sad, melancholy ending. Now I can't wait for the next book. I kind of wish that I could read the all together because this waiting is painful.

We also saw the new version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Marvelous. We LOVED it. Kids just can't wait for it to come out on DVD. I think it was absolutely brilliant. I especially loved the dance numbers with the OoompaLoompas, and of course Johnny Depp, who is my second Johnny love.

Traded my electric dryer in good condition for one that was in sucky condition, and now I'm trying to get another one so the sucky one can just be given away to someone else.

Boy was home for the long weekend and had his math placement test today. I'm just not that sure about next year for him.

Girl is doing some pretty nasty stuff with her boyfriend and I'm putting a stop to that. She's grounded for the rest of the summer. Can't stand the lying anymore.



Too hot to cook. I made pasta and meatballs tonight because the Girl had a friend over so I had to make something. I'm completely disinterested in food. Or anything else.


Cardiologist appointment tomorrow morning. Fun!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.