HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 28, 2005




Living in a Blast Furnace

Ahhh, nothing like summer in New England. A month of 50 degree weather with rain, clouds, and more rain. Then a month of heat you can't even quantitate, a few days off with just plain nice weather, and now it's literally a blast furnace out there. I opened the door to let the cat out this morning, and it was as if I had opened the door to the stove. It was about 95 degrees at 10 am, and it got hotter. All afternoon they have those 'weather alerts' on the TV and radio, warning about huge storms. Didn't rain a drop. Not a damn drop. The lawn is browning, the tomatos will never turn red without a good soaking, and all the perennials are droopy. I just want some rain, is that too much to ask?



What is the deal with Manny Ramirez?

Manny announces again this year that he wants out of Boston. He doesn't like all the attention. He took the day off today, refusing to play to replace Trot Nixon who was injured. I just don't get it. He is loved in the city, he's doing great on a great team, and the Yankees don't want him. He sure makes enough money? And his kids room in the Ritz. To die for!








Snowflakes take u
p way too much time

I've been making snowflakes for hours. It is the most addictingly fun time waster I've seen in a long time. I enjoy it a lot, especially when I'm on the phone or watching mindless TV. My snowflakes get better and better. The girl loves the site too, and sends me copies of all her flakes. I think she's going to miss this activity when she's in camp.

Countdown to camp

It's one more day and the Girl is gone for 3 weeks. The boy will be home for a lot of the time, and I'm pretty much ok with her being gone. It will be a good time to keep the house clean and do some fun day trips with the boy. We're planning to go to Maine one day and hit LLBean and that huge candy store in Kittery or Yarmouth. I can't even remember where it is.

We've done all the shopping we possibly can, and her suitcase is almost completely packed. She has one last load of laundry to stuff in there, but she's ready to take off. I'll miss her a lot, but it's going to be so quiet and peaceful. It's been so long since she's been away. I feel like I've lost much of my own life because she takes up so much energy.

Fostering puppies

I volunteered to foster some puppies until they're ready for adoption. I think this will hopefully get me over my puppy longings. And if it doesn't, I get the pick of the litter. I'll need to find a crate on CL or one of the freecycle sites, but the organization I volunteered for pays for the food and much of the items needed, including vet fees. I'm excited to have puppies in the house. I'm going to do just one at first, and then maybe I'll do them in pairs once I get more courage and the cat will be happier about it all. It's going to be an interesting first experience.

Brat Camp

Maybe I'm a big sap, but I cried tonight watching this show. These kids are carrying around so much pain, and so much of it is familiar. It makes me all the more thankful that I nipped our issues in the bud (hopefully) before the teens set in. One of the kids reminds me so much of the girl, and another one has a lot in common with the boy. I checked out the program and it seems to be totally on the level and something to keep in mind just in case.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.