HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 19, 2005

He's Back, too!

The boy is finally home. It's been such a long haul, filled with such horrible anxiety, worry, stress, and fear. But it's finally over and he's home for good. Or at least until he goes to college (sob). It was funny, after all the finagling to get him here, and all the angst we've had for the past several months, it was very anticlimatic. He strolled in, put down his stuff, and went to play his guitar. It's like it hasn't sunk in or something, but it will. Day after day of being home with his sister will definately test him to the limits, but I'm confident that he'll survive it all and with flying colors.

We get another puppy tomorrow. They've promised a female black lab but ther are so many other puppies available that it could be just about anything. I'm psyched and so is the boy, but the girl isn't all that happy about the prospect of more work. Like all she does is slave around the house. Yeah, right!

Took the girl to the doctors today. It was a difficult appointment. The tests were negative, and I had hoped, but otherwise it was a big lecture about behaving badly. I promised to call her therapist and disclose the information. I just wish I knew the full story, but there is very little hope of ever finding it out.

We met the new case worker from Compass today. She seems bright enough and has worked with NVLD kids, so at least she gets the basic ideas down. We have to come up with some successful level system or something. I don't know what, but something has got to improve. I'm so tired of begging for them to do anything.

I had a long talk with the girl about staying out of my bedroom and the very same night she was in there and took a pillow off the bed. I was pretty pissed off. I also had to ask her over and over again today to put things away and take stuff off the floor. She just can't seem to remember no matter how many times it's repeated. I must must must learn to be more patient. It's so hard.

If it rains this weekend, we've committed to a baking day. The girl has asked for
shortbread, oatmeal raisin, and peanut butter cookies. The boy wants soft chocolate chip with cherry chunks. I'll maybe do two, or at most 3. I'm not doing all 4 types unless it's pouring and I can't take another second of them.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.