HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 15, 2005


Man oh man, I'm not a fan of bureaucracy


This week I get to fight a bunch of agencies. Lucky me. First I have to deal with the student loan place and try to get the to lower my payment, which is ridiculously high right now.

Then I've got our friends the IRS. Now this one is my fault. I've just spaced them out way beyond what I should have done and I need to deal with it asap. I know it, but who wants to make that call? It's like calling the funeral home or something. That feeling of dread admitting you're a complete fuckup and didn't file because you lost the W2 for the 3rd time.

I've already done the social security office, which was a total waste of time. Not surprising, but still. I did learn that when you go on disability you aren't eligible for medicare until 2 years after your file date. That means that I can't get medicare until Jan 2007. That makes a lot of sense, right? Well, wait til you get a gander at this!

Mass Health. They're my biggest bugaboo by far. I find myself fighting with them over the stupidest things, but now they've cut off my health insurance. They say I make too much money. WHAT? Oh yeah, they use the federal poverty guidelines and take not one penny for a cost of living adjustment. So they're saying that it costs the same to live in Podunk Iowa as it does in Boston and therefore I should be able to live the high life on my SSDI. I think they're insane. So I've contacted Governor Romney's office and got back a lovely form letter (how thoughtful), Cynthia Creem's office (she had a flunky do some investigation but came up with nada) and then I got the numbers of a bunch of other places to contact for help. So far, nothing, but I'm looking at finding some legal help. But, from Cynthia Creem's office I did find out this tidbit. If Mass Health tosses you and you're disabled, you CAN get back on Mass Health within 6 months IF you run up $10K worth of medical bills. No, they won't pay for the bills, that's your responsibility, but they will allow you to incur this huge debt in order to get back on Mass Health. It is criminal that they KNOW they have a medicine dependant person on disability and they just toss me. The whole thing makes no sense to me at all. Nor to anyone else I've dealt with.

In addition I have to set up a new psychopharm for the Boy, deal with my therapist now that I have no insurance, set up new medical procedures to get my prescriptions for free with both doctors, etc.

And then I have to deal with the Girl, who has a ton of her own big issues going on right now.

Being a grown-up sucks.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.