HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Beep Beep Beep

What sadist invented the backup beep? I want to draw and quarter that guy. While I know that is't a safety feature, can we not turn off the safety feature at 3 am? Or 6 am? Because I know that this is weird, but I want to sleep around that time of night, and I don't want to hear a bleeping backup beep beep beep as some stupid truck driver figures out he has to turn into the tiny driveway behind the park in order to deliver to the 24 hour store 2 blocks away. Yes, that's how LOUD the damn beeping is.

When we lived in le slum, we were across the street from Whole Foods and they had deliveries all night long, which is illegal. On top of that, Walgreens and the huge dental building behind us also had deliveries and their trash emptied at 3 am. Also illegal. All the time we lived in le slum I couldn't sleep through the night because of the noise. In the meantime, the town was fiercely debating extraneous light from commercial buildings. OK, there is way too much light on at night, and the lights are unnecessary, but they don't wake people out of a sound slumber, do they? Beeping does wake people up. Or at least it wakes me us, and I'm sick of it. So today I tried to figure out who is the right person to complain to. I'm still in a quandry, but I did call the Mayor, who of course didn't take my call.

It bothers me that people complain bitterly about the noise teens make at the park at night, but nobody seems bothered by the backup beeps. Am I alone in hating this noise?
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Carrie said...

You're not alone. I can't stand that noise either. At our last apartment we heard lots of back-up beeps at all hours, and the sounds of car alarms going off when the tow truck company would come and clear out all the unauthorized cars. I don't know who you would complain to, though.

10/9/05 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.