HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The countdown is over
School starts tomorrow. Finally. Like most parents, I love the freedom of summer, but man, I'm glad it is over. The last few days I've been a bit off my game and hearing the arguing over the stupidest things (who got more ice cream in their bowl) has been driving me bonkers.


We've got the new clothes laid out, although the Girl has been suffering mightily because she didn't get that pair of Seven for All Mankind Jeans she wanted. I can't imagine why I didn't think they were a good value. After all, what 13 year old kid doesn't need a pair of $178 jeans? She tried to tell me that a friend of hers has like, 50 pairs. Yeah, I bought that. So she's wearing a pair of reasonably priced black jeans and a white 'beater' with a t'shirt over it. Stylish but understated. I spent an hour flatironing her hair which is way too long, but try convincing her of that.

The Boy will be wearing his Nirvana t'shirt with black carpenter pants by Calvin Klein, purchased at Marshalls. He's more into his shoes. That boy is the imelda marcos of our town. He loves shoes. Tomorrow he'll be wearing is camoflage Converse high tops.

The backpacks are all packed and ready to hoist on their backs. The Girl will not be using a new backpack because she stole mine halfway through the year last year, and I told her she's going to be using it until it does. The Boy got a new backpack during our trip to LL Bean. We had a great shopping experience at Staples where we paid hundreds of dollars for school supplies.

So tomorrow, do I get to sleep in? Why No! The visiting nurse is coming over to make her assessment. I'm OK with that, but I could use a morning of decent sleep.

It will be interesting to see how I react to so much alone time. Or, as the Girl calls it, Me Time. It has been months since I've had much Me Time and I'm not sure I can handle it. I'm so depressed right now that I just don't need to get sadder. I'll miss the kids when they're at school, but the weeks will get so busy with after school activities that I'm going to relish those alone time hours.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger L said...

I don't want to add fuel to the fire that is designer jeans craze but if your daughter really "needs" the jeans, you should look on Ebay. Can get good deals.

Also, tell me it is possible to have a decent mornings sleep after we become parents. I need a glimmer of hope ;)

8/9/05 7:34 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Yeah, she got to be an ebay addict whilst looking for her North Face jacket, a MUST HAVE in middle school where we live. You can't possibly be seen in public without them, doncha know?

I just can't see why anyone, and I mean ANYONE, even movie stars, thinks that $180 for jeans is OK. They're cotton denim. They don't cost more than a few bucks to manufacture. It's a total ripoff. And to top off this rant, a 13 year old kid ISN'T Gwyneth Paltrow who needs to look good for the papparazzi. She's only going to middle school for heavens sake!

As for sleep, well, I'm not gonna lie about this. DD, my favorite PITA, didn't sleep more than an hour at a time until she was 18 months old and I took her to see the infamous Dr Ferber to teach her how to sleep. She still doesn't sleep through the night, but she no longer cries hysterically. She talks to herself and listens to her radio and lets me sleep. But it took years to get to this place!

8/9/05 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.