HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Introducing Itchy and Scratchy

We got the teeniest foster puppies I've ever seen today. The kids named them Itchy and Scratchy, but they are both females. Oh well. The agency said that they think they might be some mix of terrier chichuachua, and gerbils. I swear it, they don't even weigh more than a pound each. They also have worms, but were wormed this morning. They are kinda stinky, but man are they cute. Ringo is not amused, and already gave Itchy a swat. This is going to be quite the week, I think.

Addendum: The Boy noted correctly that these pups are the same size as Beanie Babies. It's weird how tiny they are and how much the pee and especially poop. I've set up a basket for them with an old sheet and they lay in it like it's been their special place forever. The Girl is smitten and wants to know if we can keep them both. I think not. I like a dog that is more than a couple of pounds soaking wet.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

I don't know how old these puppies are, but for littl'uns who can't hold it long (estimate one hour for each month of age for bladder control), I swear by Second Nature Dog Litter and a Second Nature litter pan. YOu can get them at PetSmart. All of my pups have taken right to it, just like cats, and it's easy to clean up and cuts down on the odor. There are bound to be times when you can't take them out hourly, and the litter helps.

They are impossibly cute--I'm sure they'll find good homes...assuming you really don't wind up keeping them both. Said the woman with a "foster" poodle who has now been here for a year and a half. And has 3 legs. And is blind. And old. And has Addison's disease. And only 5 teeth. Doesn't that just scream, "highly adoptable"?

18/9/05 4:43 AM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

How cute cute cute! I want one! I've been wanting a puppy for ages but my husband has put his foot down. I love little tiny dogs.

18/9/05 8:34 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

I had no clue that dog litter even existed. We've just been following along with the simple green, and taking them out every hour or so.

Scratchy is very lethargic and I'm worried about her. She doesn't seem to have a lot of life in her. I've got a call into the rescue agency as to whether or not her litter mates are acting the same way. Itchy seems to be a live wire, so I can't tell if it's just Scratchy's nature to be lethargic or if she's not well. Worries on worries.

They will not stay in the crate at all, and I made up a basket for them but now they only want to sleep with the kids or on a lap. So very convenient!

18/9/05 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.