HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 06, 2005


Who took my sense of humor?

I'm usually pretty funny, but these past few days I'm not feeling the love. I'm down in the dumps and feeling really disappointed in people. It is, of course, residue from Katrina and what's been going on in New Orleans, but still, the depression is tending to cloud my judgement. I can't get over how cruel some human beings can be. Hearing about a 7 year old girl who had been raped and then had her throat cut haunts me. I can't get over it. Even knowing that so many people survived, that so many people have come out of the Superdome alive and are finally being cared for by their fellow Americans despite the lack of government aid and comfort can't cover the fact that animals roamed the Superdome with guns, raping and shooting and terrorizing people just because they could. I want to know what has happened to those gangs? Are they being rescued along with everyone else? And if so, are they being helped or are they going to be charged with murder and rape? Are they going to get away with this kind of behavior?

I find myself so damn angry. Angry at the government for sitting on their collective asses while people drowned or died of thirst. Angry at Bush for playing guitar and giggling while people were dying. Angry at Condoleeza for shoe shopping while her fellow black americans were suffering. What is wrong with this government that they could be so callous and uncaring? How can they let people suffer such horrible degrading experiences while they sat back and did nothing? Is it because the suffering were poor and black. I think we all know the answer to that one.

In the meantime

Tomorrow is the last day of freedom before school starts. We have our new clothes picked out, and we have our school supplies prepared and in backpacks. We're ready! Well, maybe not ready, but prepared. The Girl is going over to the middle school tomorrow to meet her new teachers and check out the joint. The Boy has an ice cream social for his class at 4, and then afterwards he found out that JP Licks is giving out free ice cream between 6 and 8 pm, so it's a double dip day for him! He's going to the social with his friend Sam, and they ought to take the crowd by storm.

I've been sending them to bed at the regular bedtime, to get prepared, but they're up for hours doing something upstairs. I don't know what, but I've heard the guitar going on, and I know the Girl is listening to Jammin and dancing. I hate hiphop. Luckily school starts on Thursday so they only have a couple of days of exhaustion before the weekend.

Some good news for a change

After 9 full months of waiting, I heard today that I'm finally getting a home health aide. Thank goodness, because I really didn't know how I was going to manage after my surgery. The aide will do some cleaning, laundry, cooking, and shopping for us, up to 6 hours per week. Just having someone clean up and do a halfway decent job will make me feel so much happier. I'm so tired of half-assed cleaning. I guess the protocol is to have a nurse come out and assess the needs, and then they assign the aide. I'm so happy to get someone, I don't even care who it is. The fact that I'm going to get my laundry done without begging is so monumental that it overshadows pretty much everything else these days.

I'm needing some puppy love. PawSafe has a bunch of really cute guys, so I'm going to have to contact D and ask for a puppy or two. I really need to laugh again, and those puppies crack me up. Ringo hates them, but he has to give me a break. I need more than a kitty hug. Especially a farting kitty hug. That furry guy is flatulant!

No need to comment:



Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.