HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 26, 2005


Halloween Countdown
Day 14


Getting closer to the big day. My kids are going through an interesting Halloween dilemma. The Girl is planning to go out early with a bunch of friends and stay out until at least 8:30. She's got her costume (punk girl) and she's got a big pillowcase that she's going to load up with as much candy as she can possibly carry. The Boy doesn't want to go out at all. He hasn't been big on Halloween in years, ever since a friend of his made fun of his costume in 3rd grade and he deflated and became too self-conscious to wear a costume again. He went out 3 years ago with friends, but that's the last time he really dared to wear a costume. However, he wants to eat the Girl's candy. And I do too. I promised him we would drive around and check out a few houses that are particularly good, and he can make a small attempt to wear a 'costume' so he can get some candy. He only wants to spend the night with me. I think it's a bit odd, but I love his company so I'm willing to do it. I don't think we'll get any trick or treaters at our house because the hill is so huge nobody in their right mind would want to walk up it for a tiny candy bar, but I'm still stocking up on candy, just in case.

Anyhow, tonight we're featuring one of my all time favorite tales, Peter Pan. How can you not adore a story about a boy who doesn't want to grow up? I know I totally agree with Peter. I don't want to grow up either, but I don't seem to have much of a choice. I looked and looked for a Captain Hook costume, but there don't seem to be any made for pets, so a plain old pirate kitty will have to do. Couldn't find a Tinkerbell either, so we're going with an angel rather than a fairy. I think this is that stuffed cat again. What a sham, eh?
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.