HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Halloween Countdown
Day 16

I'm going through serious chocolate withdrawal. I haven't bought any more Halloween candy since the Boy ate two bags of Junior Mints before I even got my hands on them. I figured it would be advantageous to wait until tomorrow or Sunday to get piles of candy. Right now, however, I'd kill for a nice piece of chocolate.

In the meantime, I've been thinking about the kinds of costumes I don't get to see much of anymore. These days we've got a lot of the popular culture costumes, but I've got a hankering for some Superfly love. One of my absolute favorite films from the days of yore is Shaft (the original). There is something so hot about a man dressed up like a pimp in purple. Yum. It's a shame that today's pimps drive 'Sclades and dress like Shaggy or Fitty. They look more like thugs than pimps. I'm longing for those days where a Pimp wore good hats and drove a caddie convertable with shag trim and fuzzy dice. Now that's a look I can get down with.

Whatever happened to honoring the King at Halloween? The only place you see reliable Elvis outfits these days is at wedding chapels in Las Vegas. I'm a bit too young to ever appreciate the music of Elvis, but there is something about the look of skinny Elvis I find smolderingly attractive. I must admit a curiousity about him since I was a kid. See, my mom used to keep all her handwritten recipes in a real leather Elvis zipper notebook. I don't know why, because she never had the slightest interest in Elvis and I assume it was my sister's that was tossed aside when my sister discovered Ricky Nelson. But that notebook, turquiose blue with Elvis in raised embossed leather.... it was hot. I have a feeling it's probably worth a small fortune today in the memorabelia market. Who knows? I think it's a shame that we're letting the opportunity to dress in rhinestones and fake jewels pass us by on Halloween.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.