HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 03, 2005

L'Shana Tovah

May you all be inscribed into the book of life.

To everyone that observes the High Holy Days, I wish you a sweet New Year.



The challah dough is rising, I've herbed the turkey under the skin, the potato kugel is made, fresh apples are ready to be sliced and dipped in honey to represent the sweet new year, the ubliquitous honey cake is baked and the apple pie is ready to be baked. All that's left is to make the vegetables, take that last shower before nightfall, and dress for the holiday. Then we'll light the yartzheit candle to commerate the deaths of our relatives, light the holiday candles to start the holiday, and two days of peaceful, thoughtful times will commence.



Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

MAN, I just want to come over for dinner! Our friend Virginia Gal is beginning her 30 days of fasting for Ramadan now, too...I love that everyone is not the same and we can still love each other. My attempts at challah, by the way, have been nowhere near as successful as your picture!

Wow, I'm hungry now.

4/10/05 9:20 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Anytime you're in the 'hood, you're welcome to drop in for dinner. Tonight I made brisket with honey roasted potatos and glazed carrots. We had honey cake and apple pie for dessert. I love cooking so much and I don't often have the chance to cook holiday meals. There just aren't enough holidays for me! We'll have a break the fast dairy meal after Yom Kippur, which will probably consist of bagels, lox, whitefish salad, and blintzes. The kids love cherry blintzes so I'll make those for them, but I'm a tried and true cheeze blintz lover myself.

I'll send you the challah recipe I use. I do use a bread machine to make the dough, but then braid, rise, and bake it myself. For Shabbat I usually put rainbow sprinkles on it for the kids. They think that's to die for!

4/10/05 10:27 PM  
Blogger nita said...

i hope this is the happiest new year ever :) and i fully plan to get over to your neck of the woods before, well, before something soon!

5/10/05 8:59 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Just let me know. Do you have my email address?

5/10/05 3:25 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

The only place I've ever had blintzes was at the Firebird Cafe (splendiforous Russian restaurant) in Manhattan on my honeymoon.

I'm a pretty good bread-baker, but it was the flavor when I tried Challah that was off. I may have left something out, it was very plain.

7/10/05 1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.