HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Misc.stuff

I've been working on some blog changes. I've added an RSS feed, changed my banner, and (gulp) added some advertising. I doubt anyone will ever click on the advertising, but just in case, it's out there. I've also been collecting some new links and will post them sometime in the next few days. I promise I'll get them up as soon as Ellen crowns me.

The new showerhead in my bathroom is da bomb and I'm planning to move into the bathroom on a permanent basis. How many showers can one dudette take before her skin starts peeling off in sheets?

We've officially been in our house for 6 months and I still haven't hung up any of the many pictures on the walls. They're sitting in several piles in the dining room. I'm a bad, bad mom.

I ate an entire box of peppermint bark in two days. Diabetes? Why yes I do have diabetes. But did it stop me from eating my absolute favorite candy. No, it did not. Fortunately I'm not on insulin so I just upped the metformin and will hope for the best. No diabetic shock or anything.

I have spent more money on shoes for my children than I ever did in my entire life for me. The Girl must have powder blue Uggs, and pink and white Tims, plus a pair of Puma sneakers. The Boy must have blue and white Tims, 2 pairs of Converse All Stars, and a pair of fabulous fleece slippers. Thank God for Marshalls. I'd be in the poorhouse without them.

I did not get out of bed today until 6 pm. I read The Book of Ruth, the local newspaper, the last 4 weeks of the NY Times Book Review, and of course watch a soap and then Judge Judy.

I am so addicted to Craig Ferguson that the Boy and I are actually looking forward to watching Vampire Bats on CBS Sunday night, just to see Craig's debut as Fisherman Number 1, a part for which he begged the producers to get.

Yesterday I saw someone driving around in a restored version of the car my parents drove when I was a tot. I lust for this vehicle, even though I know it probably gets about 10 MPG. I don't care, it's gorgeous.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

2 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

Re: Craig Ferguson--did you notice, in the Lemony Snicket movie, he was billed as "person of indeterminate gender"? I love him too. You have GOT to rent
"The Big Tease". HIGH-larious.

28/10/05 9:26 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Never saw the Lemony Snicket movie. I didn't know he was in it. But he's so damn adorable. I'm pretty sure I've got his gender down. HOT....

28/10/05 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.