HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Churning and Burning, Oh My!

I woke up this morning with that crampy, churning stomach I dread so much. Gastrointestinal stress my ass, this is full-fledged stomach cramping. "I've been struck down by the drizzlin' shits", to quote Ken Kesey. All morning I kept thinking that I needed a long needle like they use in amniocentesis to poke in my abdomin and let all that gas out. My poor torso was like a rock. It looked like I was again expecting twins. I moaned and groaned, but that's no fun when nobody is around to impress. That's one of the sucky things about laying around all day long, you get kinda lonely when you're not feeling up to par. It got so bad that I did the only thing I could think of to do....I did all that paperwork I've been putting off for several weeks. Yes, I'm all caught up on the worst of the paperwork fiasco. Only one thing lost, and I'm getting a copy of it so I can fax it in to the right place. I'm so proud of myself!

The best thing about all this paperwork is, I found out that if that damn outstanding student loan my dear mother didn't ever pay is discharged due to my total and permanent disability, they not only stop dunning my SSDI, but they return all the payments I've paid up to the point when I was permanently disabled. That would be back to January! Back far enough so I can eventually get my car on the road with this unexpected windfall, if I ever get it. Of course they told me that THEY have to declare me permanently disabled. In other words, they don't take social security's word for it, nor my doctor's word, they, the student loan folks, do their own investigation. Not that I don't think I'm going to have much of an issue, since SSDI approved me on my initial application and I didn't even need to hire an attorney, which is highly unusual.

I'm trying hard not to count my chickens... but it sure would be nice to get that money returned to me. It's been so touch and go for so long financially. I'd like to have one month without worrying about how I'm going to pay this bill and that.

Once the paperwork was done, I took a short nap and then the Boy came home and wanted some attention before he sat down for his hour of Xbox. By the time his hour was over, the Girl was home too, and I must say she was so nice to me about feeling poorly. I told the kids that they had to make their own dinner and the Boy offered to make Annies Mac-n-Cheese for them, while the Girl made me some scrambled eggs and toast. Right about dinnertime I got a mean case of the farts, and boy, did that help! Next thing I knew, the Girl started complaining about stomach cramps and she was in the toilet much of the evening. Hopefully, we'll both be better tomorrow, because I don't want to cancel this surgery and I have to be healthy for it.

I'm planning to fart all night long. Aren't you glad you're not me?
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

Girl, you think you're gassy now, wait 'til after that surgery when they've filled you up with air then sewn it up inside you. Wheeeee! It's gotta come out somewhere, right? The good news is, it doesn't smell. The bad news is, there's a LOT of it, and it ain't subtle. Ahhhh. Good times.

16/11/05 2:45 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

yes, i am sooo glad i'm not you :-) i hope you're ok!
i love your blog. im a mother too! and i have blogmarked you! be sure to check out my blog if you can sometime.
www.mynameisfrancesca.co.uk
check out my sisters blog aswell - www.bessimal.blogspot.com
(although we are relative beginners and our blogs may not be your cup of tea) :-)

16/11/05 6:13 AM  
Anonymous colleen said...

I use grapefruit seed extract for that sort of thing. I'm curious about your disablity. Is there a back page reference to it? I have a partial one, related to some variety of Chronic Fatigue, and have never been able to work full-time. You'd hardly notice because I've learned how to manage it...lots of staying home and resting between activities.

16/11/05 10:12 AM  
Blogger Happy Mama to Three said...

Hang in there marj. I hope it was only something you ate, or something just passing through (HAR HAR pun intended). I woke up this morning and started my prayers for your surgery tomorrow. Mine was supposed to be Friday, but I have rescheduled for the week between Christmas and New Year's which avoids having to send kids to school and back every day. I hope the baby girl is okay today, and so are you.

16/11/05 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

i hate that feeling. i hope you feel better!

16/11/05 2:03 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

I am feeling better today aside from the huge sinus headache I've had all day. Or maybe it's a migraine caused by all the phone calls and surgery issues. Blech.

16/11/05 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.