HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My Ipod Mini is Dead

I love my mini, but it's first generation and it's old. Got it when they first came out and I wasn't on poverty's doorstep, and I've used it pretty much constantly, especially when I'm waiting in doctor's offices and in the hospital. I've got a wicked playlist that was started back when Napster was free and I spent hours and hours downloading pretty much everything I've ever wanted but was too cheap to buy.

Now the mini isn't perfect. Or maybe it's that I'm not prefect, because those damn earbud headphones do not fit in my tiny ears. The only part of my body than can honestly be called tiny are my ears. Dainty, petite, and perfectly formed, but they do not hold an earbud type headphone. The damn things pop out constantly because I can't get them all the way in, especially on my right hear, which evidentally is even more petite than the left. Who would have ever known about my asymetry unless they invented earbuds.

So, now I'm stuck with my little silver mini. Oh, it still plays, sort of. But you have to hold down the wheel in just the right place and then it starts skipping and pausing and it's just not worth the effort. I'm afraid to take it to the Apple store in town because I know I'm going to end up with some high priced color screen that plays video, etc. You see, I'm an electronics whore. I love having nanotechnology in my hands, even if they break and I can't pay for them initially, never mind replace them when they malfunction.

Plus, I've never heard of anyone getting their Ipod Mini repaired. I've heard about plenty of people who replaced them, but does Apple even repair them? Is it worth it to ask?

This is the year of small appliance hell. Ok, it's better than a few years back when I was in large appliance hell and had to replace the washer, dryer, and fridge all in one year. That sucked. But this month I've killed my Ipod, my huge countertop oven that I use all the time instead of heating up the big over (see, I am concerned about energy conservation as I use all my appliances), and my blender. My Cuisinart, which is at least 25 years old, is on it's way out, too. I've already replaced my kitchenaid mixer once, and the one I have is broken, but still usable. You just have to turn it off by unplugging it because the sliding knob that controls the speed won't go into the off position. I only recently replaced my microwave with a new one found on craigslist, one I actually like better than the old one. Plus, my new gas dryer was a freebie on craigslist and it's a top of the line only 2 years old! I actually gave away my electric dryer in exchange, although I should have tried to see it, in hindsight. One good turn deserves another, right?

I need to rob a bank. I promise I won't use the name Ronald McDonald as my non de plume, like that moron bank robber did recently. He's going to make it into the Darwin Awards, I can just feel it.

Oh, and I've updated my wishlist appropriately. :-)
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Ahem, Sam's has the new guys. They are slightly less expensive there than elsewhere. You could get a quote on a repair and then determine the most economical route. It's your iPod, how can you survive without it, just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

30/11/05 2:09 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I have the SAME problem with my ears!! I swear, my 3 year old has bigger ears than me. A blessing if I want to wear my hair up, a curse when it comes to earphones..

30/11/05 5:10 PM  
Blogger maria said...

Hi there,

My comment has nothing to do about
Blogger.Just did not know where else to post it.

I just wanted to tell you I like
your site very much and that
picure of your front drive....
Wow! this is exactly what I have
been dreaming for years......

Marie

12/12/05 4:56 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

It depresses me how repairing anything these days is pretty much an impossibility. Our TV, microwave oven and kettle all died in the same week last month. I'm waiting for the next cluster to hit.

Until then, I play my iPod Shuffle (gift from work this year, 'cuz it's not something I'd ordinarily buy for myself) every day and pray it, too, doesn't find itself under my foot in a darkened bedroom before tuck-in.

11/2/06 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.