HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving Report

The Boy gained 2.5 lbs eating just the dinner. We haven't touched the desserts yet. The boy likes to weigh himself before and after the meal, just to see how much he can pack away in one sitting. Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday by far, and there isn't a food on the table he won't eat. He wolfs down really huge amounts of both turkey and sweet potatos. He has seconds, sometimes even thirds. Usually, in the middle of any big meal he'll get up, go into the kitchen, belch really loudly, and then come back with renewed interest after clearing more space in his stomach. Lovely.

Update: After 3 slices of pie he gained another 1.5 lbs, making his all time weight gain in one meal, a total of 4 lbs in all. He's so proud. Let me just mention that his total weight tonight brought him up to a whopping 110 lbs at 5'5". Kid can eat anything and remain skinny. I hate him.

Update #2: He's eating MORE. He's plowing through sweet potatos right now. How can one person fit in so much food?

Worthless Pet jumped up on the empty chair at the table, looking like a disembodied head floating in space. I caved and gave him some turkey in a small bowl, which he too wolfed down. He couldn't believe his good luck, as usually he's shooed away from the table. Heck, it's a holiday for him, too.

The Girl complained bitterly about how starving she was for hours before the big meal, and then picked at her food. She only ate turkey, sweet potatos, and cranberry sauce. She won't touch stuffing and didn't want a green veggie.

I ate everything on my plate and then some. I'm tired but happy and later we'll eat the pies and drink tea. Another delicious meal, another stress free holiday, and another peaceful evening. Holidays are so much better without relatives around.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Blogger sage said...

happy thanksgiving--from Michelles. I see you don't like Mr. Bush--did you know he's taking us back to the metric system--see my blog post from this morning...

24/11/05 8:26 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

I think that was sarcastic. I highly doubt Bush would care about the metric system. He's more worried about maintaining his reputation after half of his royal court is under indictment or suspicion.

24/11/05 8:47 PM  
Blogger Debby said...

I'm glad you had such a peaceful and wonderful holiday!!

24/11/05 9:05 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Happy Thanksgiving :)
Michele sent me.

24/11/05 11:22 PM  
Blogger Dak-Ind said...

hi! michelle sent me! it sounds like you had a great holiday! i agree on the less stressful without relatives... but i think i would point out HIS relatives. mine dont suck. lol.

4 pounds in one sitting, have you considered the professional eating tour for him?

25/11/05 12:15 AM  
Blogger BeckEye said...

Nothing like a holiday that celebrates gluttony. Bring it on!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sure, you can link to Tom Turkey's PSA. I'm never one to turn down a shout-out. :)

Have a good holiday/weekend!

25/11/05 1:58 AM  
Blogger Carmi said...

The Boy sounds like me. I am despised by more people because of my rail thinness and voracious appetite than I am for my nastiness with a pen.

Guess where I've just been...

25/11/05 6:15 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

I LOVE him--weighing in before and after...and FOUR POUNDS? Wow. Giggling and shaking my head...and looking forward to those days...I think! Your family is adorable, and I hope I really get to meet you someday.

26/11/05 1:13 AM  
Anonymous Joan said...

Absolutely hilarious. Weighing in before and after eating - LOL!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

26/11/05 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.