HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Did you know it gets light at around 6 am?

I guess most of you do, but I don't. I'm usually passed out in a complete Ambien stupor at 6 am. But not this morning. I had to get up early because I've got a crappy meeting to go to, and I was too damn lazy to prepare for it last night, so I had to cram all of this stuff in this morning. It meant searching the house for some records, finding other records that I had carefully filed away in the big black fireproof box, and then getting everything together into a lovely see-through file folder. Ah... what an exciting life I lead.

My house is being cleaned as we speak, I'm waiting for my ride, the Boy has been rudely kicked off his Xbox by moi, and the Girl is upstairs primping. That child takes hours to get read to go absolutely nowhere. To be 13 again....NO THANKS.

The Worthless Pet has finally shown an interest in something other than sleeping and eating. He's discovered the world's greatest cat toy. Is it something I spent money on at PetCo? Why no. It's a piece of sugarless hard candy in a gold wrapper. It goes flying really far and he chases it all over the downstairs. He also has decided that it's fun to go running down the hallway and pounce on the hall oriental at full speed, so that it not only bunches up, but rides a few feet with him on it. Sort of like surfing, kitty style. This from a cat who has never played with anything before, deigning to maybe bat at a string if you insist.

I've shown the Boy how to post here, so he'll write an update after my surgery tomorrow. He's coming to see me sometime in the afternoon, and will update afterwards. Don't expect anything pithy. Otherwise, nothing new, funny, or pathetic to report. We're just living the la vida loca in the breakdown lane here at WWIT.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

25 Comments:

Blogger neener said...

Thinking about you, praying for you. The triple ginger cookies were AMAZING.

27/12/05 10:03 AM  
Blogger Debby said...

Best of luck with the surgery - I will be thinking of you.

I too very rarely get to see how early it gets light, only my excuse is a large nightly dose of Seroquel. Don't you hate losing out on that sleep time because you procrastinated - I do it all the time and get so mad at myself!!

27/12/05 12:52 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I will be thinking about you Margalit--tonight and tomorrow...I hope ALL goes well and that you get a tiny bit of rest (lol) out of your hospital stay...

Michele sent me this A.M. and I'm sure I'll be back a couple of times before tomorrow...but I wanted to be sure to wish you all the best in tomorrow's operation.

27/12/05 12:54 PM  
Anonymous kimbofo said...

It gets light at 8am here! (and dark at 4pm)

27/12/05 4:01 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me here to see you, Margalit.

Good luck with the surgery. Nishtgedeiget.

Anything having to do with the old ticker is scary since I've heard rumors we really need that organ. The guy I work with in my lab is a resident and will eventually be a thorasic surgeon so he's always watching virtual surgeries on the computer. I'm sure you'll be in good hands, Margalit. Mazel Tov.

27/12/05 4:08 PM  
Blogger Dawn Falcone said...

Good luck with everything tomorrow & here's to a quick recovery.
I love your writing style. I was sent here by Michele & I'll be back.

27/12/05 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Nikki-ann said...

Cats, eh?! :)

I hope all goes well with the surgery. Take care.

(Michele sent me).

27/12/05 4:21 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Good luck with the surgery, Margalit.
My cat does the same thing in one of our bathrooms. The rug stays messed up all the time because of it, and she isn't even chasing a piece of candy. She surfs the rug!

Michele sent me.

27/12/05 4:25 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

good luck with the surgery! here via Michele :)

27/12/05 4:31 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Best of luck with surgery. Hope it goes well!

Michele sent me...

27/12/05 4:47 PM  
Blogger Oreo said...

HAHAHA Mom says if I learn to do that she will be rich as I normally act like your cat??? I don't get it......

27/12/05 5:01 PM  
Blogger Oreo said...

PS, hope your surgery goes well. Will keep you in mind.

27/12/05 5:01 PM  
Anonymous sandra said...

Good luck! Glad that Michele's site sent me here. (and wow - 13-year-old twins - that must be...challenging...some days!)

27/12/05 5:29 PM  
Blogger used*to*be*me* said...

I have long felt that there is absolutly no reason to get up that early. I certainly don't. And haven't since I had my children. I like your blog. You sound like me in some ways.

27/12/05 5:34 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Good luck Margalit.. my prayers are with you and the boy and the girl....

((hugs))

27/12/05 5:34 PM  
Blogger used*to*be*me* said...

Oh, and your surgery - good luck to you. I don't konw what you are having done but I hope it goes well and you recover fast!

27/12/05 5:34 PM  
Blogger used*to*be*me* said...

PPS - Michele sent me!

27/12/05 5:35 PM  
Anonymous callie said...

i hope that all goes well with your surgery. i'm assuming something went well because...you are on michele's right now. while it might be annoying...your cat story cracks me up. animals always amaze me. such lovely, fickle, bizarre creatures. you have to love them for that if nothing else. i'm visiting from michele's today but i'll be back on my own!

27/12/05 8:30 PM  
Anonymous JustSue said...

Best of luck with the surgery. We will be thinking of you. Here via Michele.

27/12/05 8:47 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Here via Michele's today. I think I have the same worthless cat you do. Good luck with the surgery!

27/12/05 9:17 PM  
Anonymous Rob said...

Oh to be back in an Ambien stupor right now... good luck with the surgery! (Michele sent me)

27/12/05 9:40 PM  
Blogger kontan said...

the only exercise my cat gets is when she is running from the puppy. oh what fun. the cat is highly PO that we brought the dog home, LOL. she desperately needs the exercise though!

hope all goes well!

28/12/05 12:18 AM  
Blogger Happy Mama to Three said...

My prayers are with you Margalit. Take good care of you and let the kids know we are all with them in thoughts and prayers.

Sick in California

C

28/12/05 5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be on my mesheberach list, of course! Please have "The Boy" send me an email to let me know how you're doing, as I'll be anxious until I hear.

Eliyahu in Walla Walla

29/12/05 1:25 AM  
Blogger nita said...

i like that cat ;)

30/12/05 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.