HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 24, 2005

It's a virus

This morning the Boy got up and he was feeling even worse. He was so dizzy he almost passed out and he got a nosebleed, which lead to uber drama and complete panic. He doesn't do well with illness, but blood is way over the top for him. He was close to hysterics, but I got him calmed down, cleaned up, and then called the doctor.

We hightailed it to the pediatrician this morning for a strep test. Negative, baruch haShem. But he's got this weird virus that's going around. The doctor said that the dizziness is part of the drama of this virus, and that his blood pressure is really low, so she recommended eating salty foods and drinking a lot to keep hydrated. The Boy was so excited because this meant he had permission to eat Ramen, something I don't usually allow due to the ridiculous salt content. So we stopped on the way home and got him a box of Pringles, some Gatorade, and 4 packages of Ramen. Now life seems better.

I've got a vicious headache, though.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

14 Comments:

Blogger FuzzBuck Fuzz said...

Michele sent me to wish a happy xmas ;)

24/12/05 12:01 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Hi margalit - here from Michele's.

Hope the Boy is feeling better soon...

cq

24/12/05 12:23 PM  
Anonymous kimbofo said...

Oh, your poor boy. Being ill is not the nicest way to spend the holiday season, is it? Anyway, I hope he gets better soon. Take care - and season's greetings to you!

PS> Michele sent me!

24/12/05 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Kat said...

Oh no! Being sick on Christmas Eve is the worst! Last year I woke up on 12/24 afraid I would start coughing up blood. It was so painful.

And I'd be excited about eating ramen, too! I can;t get enough of it!!!

Hope The Boy is feeling better soon!

24/12/05 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Kat said...

Oh, and also, I didn't mean to be presumptuous with the Christmas Eve thing. Holiday time in general is a bad time to be ill--it's just that I was sick the same day last year (and had to fly ill) and it was AWFUL.

24/12/05 5:21 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Hope he's better to open all his presents :-)

cq

24/12/05 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Last Girl On Earth said...

That sounds like the ULTIMATE diet! Too bad he' s not feeling better to enjoy it. Hope your headache let's up. Over here visiting via Ms. M! Happy Hanukka to you and yours.

24/12/05 5:28 PM  
Blogger kontan said...

i feel for him...been hacking up a lung all day.

24/12/05 6:54 PM  
Blogger David said...

Ramen, life is good! bless you and your family. thanks for visiting my blog

25/12/05 2:41 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I hope the boy is feeling better soon and no one else gets sick ((hugs))

Also... I know I am a day early but....
Happy Chanukah!

25/12/05 9:57 AM  
Anonymous WebKittyn said...

Hi there.

Just wanted to stop by and wish you and yours a serene holiday season and I hope everyone feels better. I also added you to my blogroll.

25/12/05 11:46 AM  
Blogger Juggling Mother said...

The only good thing about being sick is eating the stuff you're not usually allowed. I hope it makes/made him feel better.

Wishing you seasons greetings from Michele

25/12/05 3:46 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

Hope he feels better soon. I am still half-dead with this sinus stuff, and yet...I stayed up all night whelping puppies night before last--while Alex SLEPT; And stayed up half the night last night--while Alex SLEPT. I think that's why the song goes "Peace on Earth, good will to MEN."

What's he doing now, you ask? Guess.

25/12/05 8:39 PM  
Blogger Captain Typho said...

I hope your boy is feeling better!

Michele sent me.

25/12/05 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.