HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Johnny, what the hell are you doing?

My beloved Johnny Damon is moving to New York to join the dark side. He signed a 4 year contract with the pinstripes. It's a travesty. Not only will he have to have a shave and a haircut to play on Steinbrenner's team, but they have a notoriously horrible locker room. There's no fun in the Bronx, not like there is in Fenway.

I can't believe it. My god, what on earth is this man thinking? Is money that important that he's leaving Red Sox Nation? OK, it's $56 million over 4 years but geesh, it's also the evil empire. This totally and completely sucks.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I am sick over this myself... **see angry post on my blog** (adult language included)

I don't know what that man is thinking...

21/12/05 11:38 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

He's thinking MONEY. Lots of money. $52 million dollars over 4 years. 12 million more than the Sox offered.

He's NOT thinking about doing his nude pullups in front of Jeter and A-Rod. Totally sucks.

22/12/05 12:41 AM  
Blogger Dak-Ind said...

Darth Steinbrenner recruited another to the dark side... feel the power of the dark side! hehe

michele sent me

oh, sorry about lmaligning you like that and saying "you skipped me!" it only looked like you did, but you didnt, sorry about that!

22/12/05 1:47 AM  
Blogger nita said...

i believe if you keep repeating '56 MILlion dollars' over and over it makes more sense.

22/12/05 8:52 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Margalit, sorry that you took my post in a negative light. I wasn't excluding Jewish parents, just giving a perspective of a parent who has only experienced Christmas.

22/12/05 4:08 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

As I told the other blogger - (Yankees fan) the Yanks are NOTORIOUS player poachers. A-Rod was a dud there... hopefully Damon will follow suit.

p

here via michele again

22/12/05 4:30 PM  
Blogger Bluegrass Mama said...

I, too, was shocked and appalled by this news. It's obvious that the man has no morals.

At times like this, I'm glad I'm a National League fan.

And thanks for stopping by my blog today. Happy Hanukkah to you and your family!

22/12/05 10:58 PM  
Anonymous colleen said...

I was floored as well. I don't see how he can do it and live with himself. It's so obvious a sell-out and makes me question if he ever cared for his team mates and the Red Sox nation of fans.

23/12/05 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.