HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 23, 2005

Joy oh Joy, the Boy is sick

The Boy came home from school today complaining he wasn't feeling so great. Then he started moaning. Next came the groaning. And the inability to do anything other than lay on the sofa and make pathetic noises. His throat is sore, his skin is clammy, he's all stuffed up, and we all know that if he is sick, then I'm going to get sick. Right in time for my surgery. Shit oh shit. I can't deal with another cancellation. I'm stocking up on the vitamins (pronounced vit-a-menz, like the British, just because) and hoping for the best. He's been drinking out of my water glass. I'm so screwed.

What is interesting about this though, is that even with absolutely no real exposure to sick men, he's learned how to behave just like one. Is it genetic?
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

18 Comments:

Blogger birdychirp said...

oh golly I hope he gets better soon... poorly kiddies are no fun for anyone.

BTW - Michele sent me!

23/12/05 6:04 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

I hope you don't get sick!

Michele sent me

23/12/05 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Claire said...

I am sorry he is sick. Tell him we said hey & he has good company little miss KM is sick as well.

23/12/05 6:22 PM  
Anonymous Nikki-ann said...

I think it's something built into all males!

I hope you don't get sick too.

Merry Christmas!

(P.S. - Michele sent me).

23/12/05 6:41 PM  
Blogger Sue Richards said...

No I don't think it's genetic. I think they've got it right...look at all the attention he's getting.

From M's.

Sue

23/12/05 7:16 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

Lot of those ilinesses going around - Spending all this time indoors this winter produces quite a smorgasbord of 'hibby-jibbies' - I hope he feels better.

here from michele's tonight
p

23/12/05 9:04 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

All three of my kiddos haev been sick too. Sucks when the little ones are under the weather.

Here via Michele.

23/12/05 9:15 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

I do believe it might actually be genetic - I really do.

Here from Michele's - and here's to staying healthy!

23/12/05 9:31 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Oh, of course it is genetic! All males know how to whine and get their mom's undivided attention. Mr. kenju was still doing it at the age of 50!


Michele sent me!
Happy Hanukkah!

23/12/05 9:50 PM  
Blogger Oreo said...

Sorry your son is sick. I followed you home from Michelle's but I think I'll back out quickly before I pick up a cold!!

23/12/05 10:44 PM  
Blogger kontan said...

yep, genetic! take care of yourself, fight hard!

sorry he got an early Christmas gift germ :(

23/12/05 11:54 PM  
Blogger Crayonsetc said...

Oh it is sure going around. I can't get over those who still had school today... we have been out for a week!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Hello, Michele sent me!!

24/12/05 12:07 AM  
Anonymous christine said...

Hope your son is on the mend!

Happy holidays....

PS- Michelle sent me.

24/12/05 12:16 AM  
Anonymous Bec said...

I'm sorry your son is sick, hope you don't get it too. That blue medication probe looks down right scary.

Michele didn't send me, but it seems that everywhere I go people are being sent placed by her lol

24/12/05 1:06 AM  
Blogger nita said...

lots of handwashing. and drape him in plastic, you know, so he stays warm out on the porch!

24/12/05 6:26 AM  
Anonymous carrie said...

Oh man, that sucks way more than a cold should suck. What bad timing! I heartily recommend Airborne for keeping it at bay.

24/12/05 9:08 AM  
Blogger Chatty said...

What a lousy time to be sick. I hope everyone is up and about soon.

Michele sent me.

24/12/05 9:26 AM  
Blogger Chatty said...

Where did my brilliant comment go? Ack!
I hope you all are feeling better soon.

Michele sent me (and will now hit enter and hope it works this time).

24/12/05 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.