HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Ouch, I'm one hurting fool

I thought I'd try a change of scenery and come downstairs. Not all that sure it was a good idea, but I'm so sick of my bedroom. My left shoulder hurts. I mean it really really hurts. A dull ache all down my arm, and the whole left shoulder is out of control hurting, even with ocycontin. I look like a cyclone struck me, as I can't take a shower for another day. But last night I ripped off the dressing a day early because I'm allergic to adhesive and it was just burning and itching to distraction. So the wound is a bund of steristrips over the stitches and it looks rather disgusting.

Remember how I was worried about the iV's. Turns out I had a lot of very good reasons to worry. My right arm looks like I was beaten up by a boxer. The wrist has a huge bruise where they tried and failed to put in an IV. Then moving up I've got another huge bruise midarm, and my elbow area is just astounding in it's color. Black and grey. Not even blue and green. All of those attempts were, as I had predicted, unsuccessful.

Then we love over to the left arm. A huge bloody bruise on the wrist, where the A-line went in, a second and third attempt mid arm, and then the actual iv stick in my other elbow. A terrible place because the damn IV machine beeped all night long.

Then my oxygen sats went way down and I was beeping because of that so they kept shoving oxygen in my face and then doing my sats. They are low. Low enough to consider home oxygen. Yippee.

The prodecure went just fine, the ICD works according to the tests they have put me through and now my life changes. I don't even know by how much yet, but it will indeed change.

Thanks for all the comments and good wishes. Keep 'em coming. We need them.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many of us out here in cyberland are sending many good wishes your way. You are a strong women and you will pull through this. Hang in there and know that you are cared about.

31/12/05 12:25 PM  
Anonymous honestyrain said...

ough. i had an iv once that was put in wrong and wasn't fixed for several hours. that hurt. i hope you feel better soon. soudns like you've been dragged through the muck and that's not fair.

here via michele's

31/12/05 12:44 PM  
Anonymous pia said...

happy New Year! Hope that you feel better, and that your life changes only in ways you want it to

Here via Michele

31/12/05 12:58 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

((hugs)) (gently though..lol)

So happy to see you posting. Still praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Take care.

31/12/05 1:04 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

[very gentle crazie hug]

oh honey - 'tis a good thing in the long run, though? Yes?

Oodles of love

cq
Michele sent me - when I saw you online :-)

31/12/05 1:15 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Lots and lots of good warm wishes and vibes being sent your way (hopefully they all make it there with this bloody cold weather trying to eat my bones!).

It's fantastic that the boy updated your blog for us - thank you! :)

31/12/05 1:17 PM  
Blogger jsdaughter said...

Hi- here via Michelle today. I've enjoyed your blog and will be back.
glad you're recovering from your surgery. My husband had an icd implanted a few years ago.His life has changed very little- but the sacrifice of change is much better than the alternative. It's saved his life a few times now.. I tell him he's like a cat- nine lives..Take care of yourself!

31/12/05 1:20 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

btw - if you're up to it.....your memory was picked randomly by my crazies. You can find the whole story here:
http://craziequeen.blogspot.com/2005/12/christmas-memories-margalit.html

enjoy :-)

cq

31/12/05 1:24 PM  
Anonymous chemosabi said...

sheeoot. that sounds really painful. So painful that i dont have ANY pain anymore.
That aside, I love your writing.

31/12/05 1:44 PM  
Blogger kontan said...

ouch, ouch, ouch! i remember the shoulder pain from a surgery i had a year ago. OMG! and i hate IVs. hang in there, this too will pass. REST, vent your frustrations, and smile when you can...

31/12/05 2:45 PM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Wow. I can commiserate with the whole IV bruising thing--they had to stab me 5 times when I had my daughter to get mine in. I hope the operation and healing go well and your ICD helps you function. My dad is living with heart failure and so I know how problems with "the ticker" can really weigh a person down.Best of luck with it--Michele sent me!

31/12/05 3:39 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

Ugh. Sorry about the IV stuff. I have the same problem with that.

Glad you're doing well enough to even attempt the computer and coming downstairs!

Healing prayers still coming your way. Keep us posted. The Boy is so sweet.

31/12/05 3:46 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I hope you're feeling better soon.
Have a peaceful, and healthy, new year.

31/12/05 3:48 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

It's good to know that you should be healthier and presumably happier in the coming New Year, Margalit. Maybe this will settle down some of the pre-surgery drama that you mentioned last week was going on at home.

The bruising must look nasty but fortunately goes away before long. Feel free to post pictures! Nothing like some nasty bruises to get sympathy. A few months back when I tore up my ankle I was posting pictures every couple of days.

I hope you recover soon, Margalit. Michele sent me to check on you.

31/12/05 3:52 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Just read your post on my blog, Margalit. Weird coincidence. My butt is parked in Apex at this very minute. My girlfriend lives here--I live across the Triangle in Mebane and work at UNC. Small world. Happy New Year!

31/12/05 4:04 PM  
Blogger Pink Pen said...

Glad everything went ok... (I bruise from needles too :) )

Michele sent me :)

31/12/05 4:06 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, my dear Margalit...

'tis past the midnight hour here in England........

[gentle hugs]

cq

31/12/05 7:17 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Margalit, have a very Happy New Year, and I hope your pain goes away soon.

Michele sent me.

31/12/05 7:21 PM  
Blogger Thumper said...

Owie. I bruise easily, so just the idea makes me hurt in sympathy. Owie Owie...

Here via Michele's this afternoon...woulda gotten here on my own later!

31/12/05 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Trish R. said...

(((((( Margalit ))))))

I hope all will be well for you soon and that 2006 will be a great year for you and your family.

And now for the obligatory ... Michele sent me.

Do take care.

31/12/05 7:46 PM  
Blogger marcy_peanut said...

Hi Margalit--I hope that you are feeling better soon!! I know first hand how you feel...don't worry, the bruises will fade. Soon you'll be up and about and this will all be a memory.

Happy New Year!
M.P.

31/12/05 8:57 PM  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Oh, I hope the pain subsides soon... Happy New Year, Margalit.

Michele sent me!

31/12/05 10:37 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Margalit, when did you live in Apex? If it was more than 4-5 years ago, you wouldn't recognize it now! It is the fastest growning area in the county.

All my kids went to UNC and I agree with you there, but NC is a wonderful state. We adopted it 36 years ago and we have never been sorry we moved here.

1/1/06 1:07 AM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Just checking the memory game - and you get another mention!

I'll post the full story in a little while.

Happy New Year, lovey

cq

1/1/06 4:38 AM  
Blogger jennifer starfall said...

happy new year! i'm glad you're home and you sound like you're doing well (even with all the apparent wrestling injuries - what were they trying to do to you?!?).

feel better, mental hugs!

3/1/06 3:23 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Testing, 123...is this comment going to work?

6/1/06 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.