HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 02, 2005

People wonder why I'm a crabcake

This is how I got awakened this morning:


Boy: MOM! MOM! MOM! It's 7:14. MY ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF!

Me: Wha?

Boy: MOM! I'm not going to school today. I don't feel good and the bus will be here in 5 minutes.

Me: You're going to school.

Boy: No, I'M NOT.

Me: Yes, you are. Go get dressed.

Boy: It's YOUR FAULT the alarm didn't go off.

Me: Shut Up and GET DRESSED.

Boy: I don't have time, I'm not going to school.

Me: You're wasting time screaming at me when you need to be getting dressed.

Boy: You dumbass, I don't have time to get dressed.

Me: You just lost your controllers for a month, bud. So get dressed and go to school.

Boy: The bus is here. They're going to leave.

Me: Go tell the driver you'll be ready in a couple of minutes.

Boy: NOOOOO, she won't wait.

Me: GO DOWNSTAIRS AND TELL HER TO WAIT...NOW!

Boy: But she won't wait.

Me: I'm counting to three, and if you're not out that door telling her to wait, you're going to lose your controllers for the rest of the school year. (Hollow threat, btw.)

Boy: Stomp, stomp, door slam..... door slam again, stomp stomp stomp.
She'll wait..... Goes in his room and gets dressed in about 2 seconds.

Girl, staggering out of her bedroom: What the?

Me: Shhhhhhh, DO NOT SAY A WORD.

Boy: Oh, the bus is still here. Stomp stomp stomp downstairs and SLAM! shuts the door.

The Girl and I look at each other with astonishment.

Girl: Well, that was delightful.

We both giggle and I turn over and go back to sleep.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

12 Comments:

Blogger kontan said...

OMG i have had those alarm days! nothing like that panic!

thanks for stopping by. i'm actually a real teacher that has been playing grad student for the last two years. WOW it's been rough!

3/12/05 12:08 AM  
Blogger FattyPants said...

Alarms suck! Here from micheles :)

3/12/05 3:22 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Ohhh Poor Boy! You should have let him stay home and go back to sleep, like you and the girl...LOL

I'm here from Michele tonight!

3/12/05 3:46 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Hello thanks for stopping by off of micheles! Oh and WOW, His bus driver actually waited? never heard of that. lol

Hope you and the girl enjoyed your morning of sleeping in.

3/12/05 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Nikki-ann said...

Aww, fancy making him go to school while you went back to sleep... Ah well, life is tough! Hehe.

3/12/05 11:55 AM  
Blogger Debby said...

How is it YOUR fault that HIS alarm didn't go off!! BTW, that "dumb ass" comment of his would have lost him more than his controllers in my house - I commend you for keeping your composure - LMAO

3/12/05 3:45 PM  
Blogger aka_monty said...

I'm with debby, I'd have come out swinging. :)

Although I also tend to panic when I realize the alarm didn't go off.

Hello, Michele sent me!

3/12/05 9:41 PM  
Blogger Marcia said...

Good job getting him out the door! I don't know if I could do it... hence... no children... at least for another 5 years...

3/12/05 9:54 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

Sounds like a morning in our house! The word imagery was incredible...thanks for relating it so precisely.

Popped over from Michele's. Shavua tov!

3/12/05 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Deana said...

Michele sent me. Wow! What a way to start the day.

3/12/05 10:00 PM  
Anonymous Kat said...

I can't believe he called you a dumbass!

This post reminds me of the fights I used to have with my mother before school.

3/12/05 10:01 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Okay Margalit I came to your site and couldn't comment ... trying again...


Must have been a Friday thing. Only my daughter forgot that she had to be at school at 7 am...

I woke her up to empty the dishwasher at 6:45... I had to take her as all her friends were already at band practice. Sure messed up my morning.

I didn't even comb my hair. Just twisted it up in a clip. Good thing I only had to work until noon.

4/12/05 2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.