HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 16, 2005

Phunky and definately not chic

I've been in quite the funk this week. Not a lot going on to make me down, but there you go. I've eaten a whole bag of Cherry Cordial Hershey's Kisses all by myself, hiding them from the other folks in the house. And I'm feeling rather good about it. The weather outside is frightful, just as the song says, but inside isn't all that delightful. It's cold, the ceiling in our downstairs bathroom is leaking through the light fixture, there's not a glimmer of sunshine peeking in the windows, and even the cat has taken to the Boy's bed and won't come downstairs.

Ellen lost by a hair, and I'm sort of down about that because it proves once again that the Weblog Awards are tilted towards the conservative blogger. Maybe next year the liberals can make a dent. We just all need to band together and nominate the liberal blogs and vote, vote, vote.

I saw Condi Rice this morning on the Today show, and not only did this reinforce my belief that morning television is horrible, but also that she's the sleeziest, slimiest, most two-faced cretin representing women in power. I hate her. She sat up there and defended Shrub's policy on allowing the National Security Administration (NSA) to eavesdrop on the phone converstations and private consersations of ordinary Americans all in the guise of national security. Not only is this unconstitutional, but the NSA is an international agency and is supposed to be spying on our enemies overseas. She went on to defend the US policy of torturing the detainees, like that's an OK thing, and didn't have an reason why it took John McCain to get Shrub to admit to torture and to say it's "bad". Only took how many years? Everytime I think this government has stooped to new lows, they surprise me by going even lower.

Mitt Romney, the flash-in-the-pan Governor of Massachusetts has bowed out of a second termn run. He claims he's done everything he set out to do for the state in his initial term, but the truth is, this was just a stepping stone job in his bid for the presidency. He's handsome, he's tall, and he's a complete pig. You want to know what he did for MA in this first term? Well, he totally decimated the social service of this state. He took from the poor, in food, in shelter, in housing, in social services, in family services, in the court system, and in anything else he could think of. He took and took and took from all the services that help the homeless, the powerless, the children, the elderly, and the poor, and then he decided to leave town. He's going to be a perfect candidate for the Republican Party. If only he weren't Mormon, he'd be running right now.

Going to be making peppermint bark this afternoon. Maybe that will cheer me up.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

MMMMM Peppermint bark! Instead of cookies I make peppermint bark for everyone during the holidays. I usually end up making myself sick "testing" the finished product though! Heh.

For the record... Mitt Romney is not handsome either. He looks pretty creepy (and Republican) to me. Sorry!

Keep your chin up! Enjoy the bark :)

16/12/05 4:37 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I think I want some of that peppermint bark; sounds good to me. Isn't Condi doing just what the Shrub wants her to?
Michele sent me.

16/12/05 11:33 PM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

as monty python would say, always look on the bright side of life..*wink*wink*

good luck on the surgery. will pray for your speedy recovery!

michele sent me today.

16/12/05 11:45 PM  
Blogger jane said...

omgosh I made a ton of peppermint bark too! Do you add candy cane to yours?
I can't stand Chucky (our nickname for Condi) either. But then, I can't stand anyone in this regime. Have you ever looked up the 13 (maybe 14) characteristics of a fascist country? If not, google it. We've got em all. Except we're probably adding a few to that list.
I like your blog a lot, you speak your mind & that's very, very important.

btw, Michele sent me.

16/12/05 11:46 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

There's nothing like a good rant to blow the dark clouds away and bring out the sun. I hope the light brightens over you really soon. Mazel tov on the surgery scheduling. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers as we light the candles and stuff ourselves silly with way-too-oily food night after night.

Sigh...more miles on the treadmill, I guess.

Shabbat shalom!

16/12/05 11:51 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Michele sent me back, Margalit! I should have said before: Hope your surgery goes well!

17/12/05 12:06 AM  
Blogger Bhakti said...

Michele said to come see if you are feeling better. You know how they say doing something nice for someone else can make you feel better? Well, how 'bout sending me some of that peppermint bark!!! ;)

17/12/05 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.