HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Where the hell is she?

The Girl has been missing all afternoon. She was at a sleepover last night with a girl who lives pretty much around the corner. But she just didn't come home this morning. I called the house a couple of times, and nobody was home. I left a message asking if she planned to move in with this family or was going to eventually come home within the next 24 hours. The whole thing is just weird. I don't get why a parent would take a kid anyplace without at least letting me know where she was going. I'm sure they just went to the mall (if the mom is insane) or to the movies or something like ice skating, but heck, how about a phone call?

Would you take a teen someplace without notifying the parent first?
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger Juggling Mother said...

Some parents just don't think! I expect The Girl said "oh, mom won't mind if I come with you" and idiot mother just took her word for it.

When my sister was 17 she had a massive row with my mother & sormed off (as you do). Her best frinds mother offered to let her stay there but didn't bother to inform my mother, so we were pretty frantic for a couple of days. My mother never forgave the friends mother & even my sister is amazed she was so unthinking!

I'm sure The Girl will turn up safe and well in a few hours.

Michele sent me

17/12/05 3:54 PM  
Blogger Superhero Bob said...

Oh my goodness yes! No matter what age the kid is, I'd have to double check with the parent, even if I knew them real well. The only way I'd not try to call the parent, would be if I was given babysitter charge with the groundrules set as to where it's ok to go.

oh, here from Michele's. :)

17/12/05 3:56 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Nope, I'd tell the teenager to ring :-)
no phonecall, no trip...

cq
Here from Michele's

17/12/05 4:10 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

Now I am worried! Seriously, this is the kind of thing that would freak my stuff OUT.

17/12/05 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Carrief said...

I can't believe they would take Girl somewhere without having her all you, or that she would go somewhere without calling you. Bad form. Very bad form.

17/12/05 4:42 PM  
Blogger Sue Richards said...

I wouldn't take a teen somewhere with a parents approval....but that's just me...

Calendar Girl

17/12/05 4:53 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Creepy.

It's perfectly within reason for you to go Margot Kidder on that bitch. That's just plain not right.

Here via Michele.

17/12/05 4:57 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

Um, no. This is why cell phones were invented.

18/12/05 12:00 AM  
Blogger Dr. Cissa Fireheart said...

I would call the mom today and make sure SHE calls you you next time to make sure...or if she lives around the corner, why not just drop by on the way out? DUH!!

18/12/05 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Kat said...

"I don't get why a parent would take a kid anyplace without at least letting me know where she was going."

Before I read this line, I was thinking the same thing. When I was younger, my friends' parents would always make sure it was okay with my parents before taking me anywhere. I can't believe any parent would proceed differently!

Have you seen Spanglish? It deals with similar subject matter but to a greater degree (i.e., one parent interfering with another's child).

18/12/05 4:01 PM  
Blogger aka_monty said...

My daughter is definitely required to call me when she's at a sleepover if they go anywhere. I can't imagine a parent not insisting that someone else's child call home. :(

18/12/05 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.