HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Yawn

This morning the Boy had a doctor's appointment at 7:30 am. Yes, a scheduled appointment at 7:30 on a Saturday morning. The doctor, besides being a sadist, was completely dressed in suit and tie and raring to go. The appointment was originally scheduled for 8 pm on a weeknight, but they cancelled it and rescheduled it for this insane time. Getting the Boy out of bed was quite the workout. Moaning and groaning and telling me that it was impossible to get up this early. He's complaining? The last time I was out of the house at 7:15 was probably 5 years ago. I don't do early.

The weirdest thing is, now we have this immense stretch of time to fill. When you sleep late, the day goes by so fast, but when you're out and about at 7:30 on a Saturday morning, what is there to do to fill the day if you don't shop? We hit Dunkin Donuts, of course, and got the requisite lattes, but now what? Blogging before 9 am? Isn't that against the law or something?

We've always been to this psychopharm's home office at night, so this morning was the first time we actually saw it in daylight. As we drove up, both the Boy and I said the exact same thing, "Its PINK". Yes, the psychopharm's very large home is rose pink with lavender shutters and trim. They even have a lavender hose out front. Where does one buy a lavender hose, one wonders? All the wreaths on the windows have large lavender bows to match the trim. As we're walking up the walk to the office entrance, the Boy turns to me and says, "If I didn't know Dr. X was married and had kids I'd think..." and I said, "Yeah, me too!"

One very cool thing about where we live is that every year around this time the local paper publishes the assessment of every home in our city. So of course, it's sort of a city game to check out how much everyone's house is worth. We looked up the psychopharm as soon as we got back. $1.4 million. But not nearly as expensive as his neighbors, coming in at over $2 million. Nice 'hood they live in. Very close to Jason Veritek (the Red Sox catcher and team captain), but he's only in the mid $1 million category. No where near as cheap as David Ortiz (power hitter on the Red Sox) whose in the low $1 million. I love this time of year. We usually take a ride through the really expensive neighborhoods and check out the assessments as we drive by. It's sort of a license to be really nosy.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

13 Comments:

Blogger Prego said...

Wait. They have lattes at Dunkin Donuts? When did they go upscale? :)

Here from Michele's.

17/12/05 9:35 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I can't even imagine where you'd get a pink hose...

Here via Michele this morning. I should take a ride through your neighborhood too.

17/12/05 9:36 AM  
Blogger Zephra said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I don't know if you have a game stpo or a game crazy but you can usually find it there. Good luck.

17/12/05 9:37 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I wouldn't want to get up that early!

Michele sent me this way.

17/12/05 9:38 AM  
Blogger Carmi said...

You made lemonade from lemons. I'll bet the boy remembers this morning for a very long time. I know I will: it's rich with imagery, as are so many of your entries.

Back from Michele's. Now go have a nap :)

17/12/05 9:40 AM  
Blogger ribbiticus said...

love this story about the psychopharm. first time i've ever heard of a lavender hose. maybe it was made to order to match the house?

cool that your local paper does that every year. would have loved to come along for the nosy tour...

here via michele today.

17/12/05 9:47 AM  
Blogger David said...

hello here from micheles,
im not sure what crimes you would have Bush impeached for, but please go right ahead.

17/12/05 9:54 AM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I was up at 6:30 this morning. That's so wrong. I ended up blogging before 9 a.m. too. I guess I'll see you in blogger's prison!

Here via Michele's!

17/12/05 9:55 AM  
Blogger Thumper said...

Isn't getting up 7:30 on a Saturday morning violating some law? If not legally, it's gotta be against Natual Law... No way I could do it.

And I am totally going to be on the lookout for a lavendar hose next spring... ;)

Her via Michele's!

17/12/05 1:31 PM  
Blogger Lish said...

I am SO not a morning person. Does this dr ever sleep? It seems like he's always working if he has appointments at 8pm and 7:30am. Michele sent me BTW.

17/12/05 1:38 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

17/12/05 3:25 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

I would totally go on the Home Value Tour of Snoopiness.

17/12/05 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's obvious his house is pink because he's *taking* some of those psychopharm meds himself! >;-)

22/12/05 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.