HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 15, 2006

A day of peace

Today has been so peaceful at Chez Cough and Wheeze. Everyone has sort of been doing their own thing, busy and yet nice and quiet. The Girl has been reading a book for school, one that the teachers have approved but she's not all that thrilled with. She's reading it despite the fact that she finds it somewhat boring.

The Boy did his football thing for a while, then read some of Al Franken's new book. I heard him chuckling and gasping as he read. He loves Al Franken, as do I. This latest book, The Truth, isn't as funny as the previous ones, but even with it's very sobering message of how corrupt the current administration is, it leaves you with some hope that eventually things will leave the darkness of Republicanism and revert back to a time when government was for the people, by the people, and not for the rich and by 7 or 8 corrupt assholes in Washington. This means you, GWB and Karl Rove.

Later on the Boy and I watched Murderball. If you haven't seen this film yet, we highly recommend it. The story of the USA Para-Olympic Rugby Team, this movie helps you gain a new appreciation for the triumph over adversity, no matter what. The Boy wanted to watch the specials after the film and found the Jackass show done right before the film was released. Obviously, I'm not the target audience for Jackass, but really, I don't get it. Why is that show funny? I mean, Cattle Prod Fencing? What the? Of course, the Boy, who is the target audience, thought it was hilarious.

I talked to a couple of friend today, but my voice is almost gone so mostly I tried hard to keep silent. Surprisingly, it was easy today. Everyone cooperated, even the worthless pet. Pleasant!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger Romanduck said...

I thought I was living in Chez Cough and Wheeze. Who knows, maybe it's a chaing. I just want to check out!!!!!

15/1/06 9:22 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Thanks for the recommendation on Murderball. I'll definitely rent it.

Here via Michele.

15/1/06 9:25 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Michele sent me, probably to save you from your liberal delusions. heh heh.

15/1/06 9:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Here from Michele's! Murderball sounds like something I'd like. I'll have to check it out!

15/1/06 9:46 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Sounds like the perfect day.

Popping in via Michele's for the moment. I was here earlier and never got to comment, so I'm glad she gave me the excuse to pop back in.

15/1/06 9:49 PM  
Anonymous JustSue said...

Sounds like a lovely peaceful day Margalit! Love the description "Chez Cough and Wheeze" ...that describes my household this past week too! Here via Michele!

15/1/06 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.