HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 02, 2006

How I drove the Boy nuts today and...
How the Girl just tried to convince me she was 'too sick' to go to school tomorrow.


Today I discovered yet another great technique to drive the Boy up the wall so he would stop watching football. Ok, I hate football. I think it's loud and obnoxious and I just do not get why anything thinks it's the least bit interesting, but that's just me. The Boy, on the other hand, loves the game and will watch pretty much any game, professional or college. He is totally non-discriminatory. If the men are wearing shiny tight pants and look like behemouths, he's there!

So today the Girl went out shopping again, and the Boy came up to my room and decided we were going to watch football. Since the TV in my room works wonderfully and has incredible color, we overlook the fact that it is so old it doesn't have a remote. Hey, it was free and it works great day in and day out. I usually don't care about the remote but now that getting into and out of bed is a production, I try to keep the TV on one channel and just go with it. The Boy, however, changed the channel to some West Virginia college football game, and wouldn't change it back. So I got him back.

I started saying in this falsetto baby voice, "Boy, can I make a raspberry on your tummy? I love the tummy. I want to blow raspberries on your tummy. Please, pretty please, please let me make a raspberry on your tummy. I love the raspberries, it's so much fun to make them on your tummy....." I kept this up nonstop at high speed for 35 minutes before he said "uncle", and he let me blow a raspberry on his tummy, too. I'm telling you, it was an academy award winning performance. At one point he was laughing so hard he was literally choking. He pretended to get some some ritalin (tictacs) to calm me down. I was that good. Heh Heh Heh. How mommy outsmarted the Boy!

The Girl has decided that overextending her vacation is a good idea, so she ran upstairs a few minutes ago and came down with the thermometer already on 102.5. Now, I'm not idiot, and I'm an expert at faking illness after years of pulling the wool over my mom's eyes, but I'm not falling for this for a second. I pulled the thermometer out of her mouth and said, "Now let's try this again with you standing right here and me watching you." Beep, Beep, Beep. 98.6 Guess who is going to school tomorrow? How mommy outsmarted the Girl!

Mommy's feeling the power!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

It sounds as though your pain meds are, um...sufficient!! Keep healing!

3/1/06 1:42 AM  
Blogger Happy Mama to Three said...

Glad you are home and feeling some better, at least tolerable. I left you the very first comment after Boy's first update but I don't think it got approved. Ah well, that's what the drugs will do for. Praying for you here in California.

C

3/1/06 1:48 AM  
Blogger nita said...

heehee
those kids...
and college ball rocks cuz those guys are killing themselves to get noticed by the pros. you can see blood at a college game! yay boy!

hope all is well and you're settling in comfortably?!

3/1/06 5:21 AM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Way to go, Margalit! Score two for the Mama.....!

cq

3/1/06 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.