HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 07, 2006

In the "What a Dumbass" category

The dumbass in question would be me. You wouldn't believe what I just did. I mean, I deserve the biggest moron on the web award, I swear it. I got up this morning, washed my face and brushed my teeth as usual, splashing to and fro on my bathroom sink like it's a bird bath. Nothing out of the ordinary, I'm a messy sink user as a rule. Then I dried my face, took out my paper cup and filled it with water in order to take my pills. I carefully moved the Worthless Pet's paper cup of water (don't ask) on top of the medicine cabinet to ensure that I didn't drink out of the wrong cup. All OK so far, right?

Then I took out the big bottle of Metformin out of the medicine cabinet, opened the frigging childproof cap, and spilled the entire bottle into the sink, around the sink, and into my cup of water. Holy shit! I tossed the cup of water containing about 25 pills into the garbage, gathered as many of the pills that were still dry as I could, wiped the sink off and then put about 25 more pills into the dry spot and......

dried them on low with the hair dryer. I did! The Boy came in and saw me and gave me a look like I was the biggest dufuss he's ever seen. He did help by picking up the pills still on the floor and reminding me to please put on my glasses so I could at least see what I was doing.

So I'm up in the bathroom for at least a half hour carefully blow drying my pills. I did save at least half the bottle, but still. What a dumbass.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

9 Comments:

Anonymous tommy said...

did you use any conditioner on them? how do you know they won't be all frizzy later?

7/1/06 3:47 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

Don't sweat it. I do that kind of thing all the time. My wife calls me the absent-minded professor because I'm always spazzing out: dropping things, forgetting things, wandering around without a clue.

It's what makes you unique. And you're SO cool for sharing it here. You're not alone, Margalit. Far from it.

7/1/06 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Kismet said...

You are not a dumbass....trust me, we all do things like that.

Here via Michelle.

~K!

7/1/06 4:43 PM  
Blogger kontan said...

our kitty kat has a sink cup too :)

we all have those days

7/1/06 4:50 PM  
Blogger kontan said...

kitty kat? wth! i need more sleep. kitty cat! geesh!

7/1/06 4:50 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

At least they didn't dissolve, and you were able to save some of them.
I'm clutzy like that too.

7/1/06 4:51 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

LOL nice to know there are a whole lot of us doofus types out there.
At least they didn't fall into the toilet ! :)

Michele sent me

7/1/06 5:03 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Well, at least you can attribute it to recovery, right? Glad to see your blog is back.

Michele sent me...

7/1/06 5:08 PM  
Blogger Romanduck said...

I don't think you're a dumbass at all. You just had a "moment." hehe. glad you saved some of the poor little guys! I hope none of them fell into the pet water. :)

8/1/06 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.