HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 20, 2006

The new guitar teacher

Today the Boy started guitar lessons with a new teacher. He's a young kid, goes to a music college here in the city, and he's giving lessons to makes some extra money. He's teaching the Boy exclusively rock guitar so the Boy is totally psyched. They went upstairs to the Boy's room, which he voluntarily cleaned yesterday in preparation for the lesson, and started rocking out. The Boy had printed off some tabs he wanted to learn, and I never asked what he songs he was hoping to start with. So I'm sitting downstairs reading the paper and I hear Pink Floyd coming from upstairs.

I'm so going to like this new guitar phase. The Boy has been enamoured of the guitar since he was about 3. He got his first 1/4 size acoustic guitar at 4, and taught himself how to play chords by watching Tom Chapin and Raffi videos. He's always played acoustic, but this summer he got an electric guitar and amp for his birthday, and ever since it's been "BWAMMMM" from upstairs at all hours. He wants to start a band, and knew that he needed to learn some decent covers, hence the new teacher. He writes original music, and I think that a band is going to be a good thing, especially with the barn so they can practice out of the way. I have a feeling our neighbors are going to be hating us come spring when the windows open again. But in the meantime, this momma is rocking out with the Ramones right upstairs, and that is good.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Maybe he will form that band and sell a million!

Michele sent me.

20/1/06 7:28 PM  
Blogger d.challener roe said...

I can so relate. Our 4 year old girl drags her Blue Guitar everywhere. Recently she's started asking for an electric.

Michele sent me.

20/1/06 7:33 PM  
Blogger nita said...

flashback. our prom theme was pink floyd 'time'....

rock on, the boy!

20/1/06 10:50 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

I think this is absolutely fabulous for The Boy. I can see him totally blooming (don't tell him I used flower terminology, OK?) in this new pursuit. Oh, and I need you to email me your address; I have something possibly neato to send you.

21/1/06 3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.