HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 22, 2006

No good news

Runaway update: They found his cell phone in Charlestown. It had all of our messages on it. Someone turned it into the police station there. His mom called this morning and spoke to the Girl for a few minutes. She's looking for any leads. He's been to Lowell and hopefully back, and he might be going to Somerville. It's like the kid is drawn to bad neighborhoods or something.

I was up almost all last night in a state of panic. This brought back a lot of the anxiety of when the Girl went through her skanky Russian phase. Thank God she came out of it OK and stronger for it. But the panic and anxiety I was feeling then came right back. I cried a lot last night, worrying for this poor boy and for his family who is so worried and scared.

The Girl is so upset and scared for her friend. All the kids in her 'group' keep calling each other for news. Nobody has heard much of anything, but they're all hanging in there. This is just so terrible.

Please pray that he gets home safely.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

22 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh my God... I tend to over react, but to me its a scary thing finding his cell phone, but not him. I will keep this poor boy in my prayers... (and his poor family as well!!)

22/1/06 1:33 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

I'm praying. Thankfully we have technology and networks today that make tracking someone a bit easier than it might have been in the past.

But it's no less of a heartbreak for those left behind.

I pray not only for your daughter's friend, but for your daughter and her peer group as well. And for you: parenting never seems to get easier, and you've had more than your fair share of challenges.

Shavua tov....I'll be reading and hoping.

22/1/06 1:34 PM  
Anonymous mar said...

This is the nightmare I am most scared of. Keeping my fingers crossed.

22/1/06 1:35 PM  
Anonymous mar said...

My heart is with you. Make it home safely, pleae.

22/1/06 1:44 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

That is scary, Margalit. It makes you wonder what goes on inside his head to make him run away like that. I've only known one person to do that and she had schizophrenia--which often results in that sort of behavior. Of course most runaways have other reasons to scoot out of home. Some inside themselves and sometimes the environment. It's so hard to know what to think...

Michele sent me.

22/1/06 1:49 PM  
Blogger srp said...

Here from Michele.
We certainly will pray for this young man's safety, that he will come home and that he and his parents can work out their differences.

22/1/06 1:58 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

How scary. My prayers he returns soon.

Michele sent me.

22/1/06 2:00 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

omg...i'd be sick with worry! I hope everything works out. I dread the teenage years and they are fast approaching.

22/1/06 2:01 PM  
Blogger K Jones said...

Here from Michele's hoping and praying for a safe return. Hang in there.

22/1/06 2:08 PM  
Anonymous mar said...

Michele sent me again your way, margalit. I will be back on my own anyways to hear the good news that he is back in one piece.

22/1/06 2:11 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

wow hope they find him soon!

Here via Michele's

22/1/06 2:19 PM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

God, that would leave me all in an uproar.

Here via Michele's. I hope he makes it home safe

22/1/06 2:30 PM  
Blogger SidetrackedMom said...

Also here from Michele...

I will keep this boy and his family in my thoughts. What a scary thing to happen. I hope he is alright.

22/1/06 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Kat said...

Wow, this is so scary. I will keep him in my prayers. Where was the cell phone found?

My parents are selling their townhouse in Charlestown. I'm pretty mad about it.

22/1/06 2:40 PM  
Blogger Gooberman said...

Sounds like a very stressful and scary time. I hope everything works out for the best and everyone becomes stronger from it all.

22/1/06 2:41 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I know just how you're feeling. I've had family members go missing. Just hang in there.

Michele sent me.

22/1/06 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Jude said...

with our prayers via michelle

22/1/06 2:50 PM  
Blogger Mama B said...

Hope everything turns out okay. I would hate to be in a situation like that. Keep us updated. Here via Michele.

22/1/06 2:57 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

I know exactly how Girl is feeling. My sister ran away from home at 14, when I was 9.

She ended up safe, but she never came home.

I pray for the boy, and think of your Girl.

cq

22/1/06 4:35 PM  
Blogger Radioactive Jam said...

Ironic - our 16-year old daughter took off with friends Friday evening, hasn't been home since. We believe she's still around here, and hope it's a weekend stupid-binge. She's threatened to do this before but always chose to not do so. She recently found an "enabling" friend, one who apparently skips out for days at a time. So hard when one does this kind of thing.

"Michele sent me."

22/1/06 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Kat said...

I haven't heard from my boyfriend in three weeks. I don;t think hes in danger, because this is just something he does, but I am still, to use your phrase, "outta my mind with worry." As well as anger and sadness.

22/1/06 6:28 PM  
Blogger nita said...

hoo boy.

many times i wish i'd run.

i hope he's okay. i hope he gets where he needs to be.

my thoughts are with you and yours...

22/1/06 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.