HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 16, 2006

Sometimes it just hurts to laugh

The Girl has some residual hearing loss from her recent bout of pneumonia, and when she's not paying attention, she tends to mishear things in the most hilarious way. I wish I could have written a lot of them down, but most of them are long gone because my head is so filled with snot that I can barely think. Tonight, just before she went off to bed, the Boy told me that they were doing a new Henry VII on Masterpiece Theatre. She must have totally misheard him because she thought he said they were doing a show on what Henry ate. She wanted to know who Henry was. I told her that the show was on Henry VII and she said, "Oh, I know that dude. He was the king of Florence, right?" Um, no. "Yes he was, that mean guy that burned all the paintings and jewelery, you know." So I tell her that Florence is in Italy (geography not being her strong suit) and that she was thinking of Lorenzo di Medici and Girolamo Savonarola.

Close, but no cigar. I tell her that was a king of England and that he had 6 wives, and changed England's religion forever, creating the Church of England so he could divorce and remarry. She can't wait to see it.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger Celena said...

Your earlier posts about boys' and girls' aggression etc. are AWESOME. Just thought I'd tell you that. It's too late and I'm too tired to actually comment and say something intelligent, but I thought I'd say SOMETHING anyway!

16/1/06 3:09 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I really enjoy your blog. I am putting you on my links list. Please feel free to drop by any time!

16/1/06 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Seraphim said...

Hey there.

I've been browsing your blog for a few days now due to a combination of the BoB awards and WebKittyn. Just wanted to say I love it!

-Seraphim

16/1/06 7:33 AM  
Anonymous Jen'sMom said...

Came here via Ellen. Sympathize with both pneumonia and hearing loss; had pneumonia twice as a kid and hearing loss from repeated bouts of strep and ear infections. Including one right now (sharing the experience with my 8 month old...poor little lady). What? Hunh? Used to drive my mom nuts. Heh heh. Not just selective hearing, either, although I had that, too. Can't think of any funny stories, though (my head is currently also filled with snot. This is week four of this dahgum thing.)

Looks like you have a pretty bad case of BSD, as well. Prospects look pretty bad but you won't feel a thing, so at least small blessings! Take care and good luck on the awards race!

16/1/06 8:40 AM  
Blogger Clio said...

That would be Henry VIII- Henry VII was his paranoid and skinflint father who killed Richard the third and stole the throne at the end of the War of the Roses.
I love creative mishearing. It makes my day more humorous when I can't read lips.

17/1/06 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.