HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 06, 2006

The Teacher's Response(s)

Today I got not one, but three responses from the SpEd teacher driving me nuts. Before I show you all the first email, let me mention that I told him that the Girl had asked me NOT to interfere, which she always does, and the first thing he did was to show her the first two paragraphs of my email. What a jerk!

Only one email is particularly pertinent. Please note the spelling errors. I want to mention that the Girl found all the spelling errors. How many can you find?
I would like to respond to your email. The assignment for this
book project was to pick a fiction book not non fiction. This
is why I ask The Girl to select another book. I do not think
she is too dumb to read the book she choose. I am so happy that
she is expanding her horizons and choosing challenging books.
I will speak to Mr S. (SIC the English teacher) and see if he
will except her first selection. THe choose is really up to him.
I do not interfere with her English and am here to help support
when she requests the support. I hope this clears up the
miscommunication. It is my desire to see The Girl excell and
expand throughout her 8th grade experience. I am proud of the
work she has already accomplished and look forward to seeing
more growth. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.
Have a great weekend.

PS I am very impressed with your Library




UPDATE: Reformatted for your reading pleasure. Sorry about the poor formatting before.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

15 Comments:

Anonymous callie said...

okay. the email post is cut off in the right margin so i can't read it all. but of what i can read, i am flummoxed. how dare he. "too dumb?" ?????? and, truly, there are more spelling errors in the section of the email that i can read -- i'm speechless. how can a TEACHER who TEACHES reading and writing mispell so many words.

bravo to the GIRL for catching each one.

i'm rankled now. grrrrrr!!!

7/1/06 12:35 AM  
Blogger deputyswife said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

And I truly think you should forward that email to everyone on your Board of Education.

7/1/06 12:46 AM  
Blogger Juggling Mother said...

Ditto about the right margin, but I get really annoyed when people use the WRONG word:

Choose (choice)
except (accept)

It shows a basic lack of understanding of the English Language. And he is presuming to teach your child English?

Still seething.

Back from Micheles

7/1/06 12:47 AM  
Blogger ms ralph said...

hi from michele's weekend meet n greet!

7/1/06 12:48 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Fixed the formatting. Sorry about that.

However, isn't this the most amazing letter? Can you imagine a TEACHER letting this go out to a parent. I must say in his defense, the Boy's 7th grade English teacher was MUCH worse, and I once corrected something she had posted to her homework website and snailmailed it to the principal, the superintendent, and the entire board of education. She's still there, but I pulled my kids out of that hellhole.

7/1/06 1:02 AM  
Blogger ms ralph said...

you have to tell me who this twin is so I can see for myself!

7/1/06 4:01 AM  
Blogger MomToJandE said...

LMAO!!!!! Okay, I don't post comments very often on blogs, but this is TOO hilarious to not let you hear my laughter. Of course, I suppose it's only funny if it's not your own child who has this person TEACHING her. OMG... How did you resist not using your red pen and sending it back?

7/1/06 8:37 AM  
Anonymous colleen said...

I chose...you choose...we have choice!

7/1/06 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Claire said...

Wow.

7/1/06 10:48 AM  
Blogger Mamma C said...

Holy Moses. Are you going to fwd that to the principal? It's one thing to have a spelling error or two in a quickie e-mail, but it doesn't sound like that guy graduated from HS! Poor Girl.

7/1/06 12:45 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

THIS was from a teacher? You've got to be kidding. Sort of makes me ill to think this person is in charge of any child's education.

7/1/06 4:33 PM  
Blogger kontan said...

we all make mistakes (see my previous comment on kat and cat, omg!) but if i am sending a letter/email to a parent i check every detail b/f it goes.

7/1/06 4:52 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Sounds like she got through college the same way my education-major SIL did... cheated.

Here via Michele's meet 'n greet.

8/1/06 12:03 AM  
Blogger jennifer starfall said...

no! oh that is so awful!!! "too dumb?" who the hell would say that to a parent? even to refute the accusation (which i doubt you made), it's ridiculous.

let me know if you need help with stamps to mail that thing to the board of ed...

10/1/06 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have been reading your blog for a few days now and I can honestly admit I love it! Unfortunately I don't have a blog myself so I'll have to comment as 'Anonymous'.

Browsing through the archives I stumbled upon this post. Personally I hate it when people make spelling mistakes, certainly teachers. But it occurred to me that in your own letter, which you posted on 01/06/2006, you wrote about the fact that you want your daughter to be 'challanged'.

Now I'm not a spelling expert, I'm not even a native English speaker, but shouldn't it be 'challenged' (noun: challenge)?

(In case this word can be spelled both ways, please strike this comment and don't hate me for it.)

Sorry for leaving this comment so late after the blog post. I guess I just wanted to point out that those things can happen to anyone I guess...

Keep on writing and I'll keep on enjoying your insightful posts!


Greetings,

Anneleen from Belgium (akke_vangils@hotmail.com)

16/8/07 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.