HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 30, 2006

Tell me why, please

I absolutely need to know this. Why is it allowed that Exxon-Mobil can make a 10 BILLION dollar profit in one quarter, yup in 3 months, and we're paying gas prices that keep skyrocketing upward? Is there NO control whatsoever on corporate greed? And why isn't this company required to provide free heating oil and natural gas to all low income families that qualify? Why do the stockholders of this company deserve to reap such huge profits off the backs of the rest of us? And how can ANYONE be a stockholder and know that they're robbing America blind?
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Susanne said...

Here Here!!

30/1/06 9:43 PM  
Blogger Celena said...

I don't know if this is 100% true, but apparently in Montreal and surrounding communities, heat is included in the price of rent BY LAW. They do this, 'cause otherwise, people could die in the winters there. Like I said, I don't know if it's true, but it seems like a good thing.

30/1/06 10:40 PM  
Blogger valbee said...

Both of my boys desperately want to move out (they're 20, so I see their point). I'm afraid they won't be able to afford it. I've talked to some of the college students where I work and living in an off campus apartment is quite the challenge these days. It's hard enough for me and I have a full time job!

I recently received a raise at work, but it doesn't matter. My expenses have increased above and beyond what my pay increase was. All I can do is hope someone takes action soon. But I'm not holding my breath.

31/1/06 7:23 PM  
Blogger Sharfa said...

Amen sista!

1/2/06 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.