HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Ahhhhh, what's that nice smell?

Like Mir and Melanie, I also received a free sample of Febreeze NOTICEables, a scented oil warmer that you plug into a socket and it releases a constant scent. I also received a refill so I could try all of the scents. My house isn't particularly smelly unless you want to discuss the downstairs bathroom where the Worthless Pet uses his incredibly fancy schmancy litterbox with the incredibly expense wheat kitty litter. That can be one stinky room, especially if the Worthless Pet thinks you have been regress in caring for his litter box to his demanding needs and pees right in front of the box. Then you have to toss the litter, wash the box, and double line it with two different liners for his highness, and replace with brand new clean wheat litter. He will not use the box if any other litter is in it. He will not use the box if the top is on it. He will not use the box if there is an even a glimmer of past usage. I clean that damn box every single time I use the bathroom myself, sometimes 5 or 6 times a day. So, using a scented oil tends to make the smell of a litter box containing wheat litter makes a lot of sense.

I put the Febreeze warmer into the plug and promply forgot about it. But the unit churns out quite the pleasant scent. It's not overpowering like the Glade air fresheners, and it doesn't bother my asthma like most of the other air sanitizers do. You barely smell it, but it does keep the room from reeking when the cat has left his calling card, as he does every night in huge quantities. Honestly, it looks like that cat eats a buffalo whole when you look at what comes out his nether ends. I know people that don't poop that much!

I was reasonably pleased with the way the Febreeze masked the smell without stinking up my house. What I didn't expect is that my son, the boy with the stinkiest feet in North America, would not only notice that I had installed an air freshener in the bathroom, but actually asked to put it in his room when his guitar teacher came over, as to mask the stench of his feet, his shoes, and his dirty socks in the laundry basket. To be honest, my son's room stinks. I know it's puberty related, he takes enough showers for me not to freak out about the smell, and his bedroom is conveniently located at the end of the hall, so it doesn't really permiate the rest of the house....much. There are those days...

He put the Febreeze NOTICEables warmer unit in his room, and voila, the room smelled better. How much better? His guitar teacher noticed. So we have a winner, folks. This is a product that actually does work the way it's supposed to. Now, it's not perfect. It takes electricity to make it work, and my Yankee sensibilities are bothered by wasted energy of any kind. But how much energy can this tiny unit use up, in reality? Probably pennies a year.

One of the things I particularly like about this product is that each bottle of scented oil contains two different scents that alternate daily so you don't get so used to the smell that you won't smell it. Another thing I like about it is that it's made by Proctor & Gamble, and they sponsor my soap, a show I've only been watching for a short time, like since 1957, and as long as they keep supporting excellent daytime television, I'm a whore for their products. But cross me by cancelling actor's contracts and I'll be boycotting P&G products as quick as you can say Jack Robinson.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger WendyWings said...

We have stinky 13 year old boy feet in this house too.
School goes back this week and the after school shoe removal is just a bad thing all around.
I am pretty sure we don't have this product on our shelves here yet.

4/2/06 11:10 PM  
Blogger Killired said...

WHAT? how did you get a free sample? i want to try it out for FREE!!!!!!

here from michele's.

5/2/06 1:13 AM  
Blogger emily said...

"it looks like that cat eats a buffalo" -- OMG Margalit, I laughed until I fell off my chair at this one, partly from the image of a cat taking down a buffalo (like, in the wild, picking one off the edge of the herd), and partly b/c this is EXACTLY the problem in my house, too. Like, I feel the cat, I see the quantity of cat food that goes in, WHERE does the extra "volume" come from?? :-P

6/2/06 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.