HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Are you suffering from Disney princess overload?

Like many moms, my kids went through thankfully a short Disney movie phase. I've never been a Disney fan. Walt was a rabid antisemite and refused to hire Jews to work in his park, so I was brought up as a Disney skeptic and it's pretty much stuck throughout my life. But my kids did get some movies as presents during their toddler and preschool years. The Girl went through a short princess phase, but never was obsessed with any particular Disney princess character. But we had a neighbor across the street from us in CA that was the most obsessed Disney princess child I've ever seen. Her parents rolled their eyes and hoped it was a phase, but it sure was a long phase.

Tonight I was over at Jenn's blog and read the freaking funniest Disney sendup I've ever seen. It is BRILLIANT. Don't miss reading this.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

10 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

I will read it, because we are totally in princess phase right now. Doesn't have to be Disney, though. My MIL made her the most gorgeous homemade princess outfit you ever saw, and that's the favorite. But she has cinderella nightgowns and panties, and the movie.

Oh, and...tag, you're it. My site. Right up your alley. Seriously. You don't have to, but you'll like it, I think.

8/2/06 2:18 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Will do, Margalit! Isn't ironic that Michael Eisner took Disney through it's most successful period of time in it's history--I don't know how religeous Eisner is, but I know he is Jewish!

8/2/06 3:17 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

right now mine is too young to really get obsessed with things although she does cry when her chicken dance elmo is taken away

8/2/06 7:21 AM  
Anonymous Karen said...

We didn't go through the princess stage but instead went through this weird obsession with Woody and Buzz from the Toy Story collection (I have two boys).

I was never so glad to see a phase end in my life. lol

8/2/06 7:58 AM  
Anonymous colleen said...

I didn't know that about Walt D. I'm not a big fan of the parks but liked the movies as a kid.

I moved from the Boston area 25 years ago and mostly danced in the South Shore. Do you remember the Surf in Nantasket Beach? You might not if you're not old enough. Sonny and Cher played there once.

8/2/06 8:42 AM  
Blogger gordaboo said...

That's hilarious. Thank goodness my girl's phase was very short lived. She maybe had a summer full of the princess's and that's it.

8/2/06 4:11 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

oooo! I love the new blog motif!!

8/2/06 4:15 PM  
Blogger Celena said...

Nice Template change! Me Likey!

8/2/06 4:17 PM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Hi Margalit.....

Honestly, I go away for a bit (admittedly, unexpectedly extended!) and come back - and you have a nice new shiny blog design!

Very nice, honey :-)

and the Disney thing is a scream - reminiscent of Shrek :-)

cq

8/2/06 4:20 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

hi there!
i came via kellynellynello's site; and i HAD to comment on the disney princesses; my sister wrote up a hilarious post about the disney princesses; if you're interested in reading it; http://motheringedge.blogspot.com/2005/08/princesses-rated.html
thanks for the laughs!

9/2/06 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.