HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Enough already

I don't have Olympic fever. OK, I've admitted it in public. I think the winter Olympics are boring. Plain old yawnaliciously boring. I can watch a bit, but I can't stand the voiceovers and the constant overcoming obstacles sob stories used as background filler bore me to death. Like, do you know anyone that hasn't overcome obstacles? I sure don't. Of course, I don't know any royalty either. I like to watch a tiny bit of speed skating. It's really beautiful to watch, and those athletes, don't they look like they're wearing giant condoms?

Ski jumping thrills me. Moguls just look to painful and all I can see is the skier in the operating room with an orthopedic surgeon cutting the knee open. Nope, don't like that one at all. Downhill would be great if there was any snow in Turino, but since there isn't, it's kinda painful to watch skiers pile up at the bottom of their run.

I hate ice skating. I mean, I don't hate the sport of skating, although I have never ever, not even once, been on ice skates. Not too much opportunity for it growing up in Los Angeles, and I do have weak ankles. Besides, I'm scared shitless of falling down and killing my bum. So ice skating has never held much attraction for me. I don't like the men's costumes, which are creepily like lion tamer costumes, and the women's costumes, tres ugly. Fugly.

I wish they would show hockey on NBC, as we don't have cable, but that's not going to happen because you can't fit a whole hockey game into a 1/2 hour, can you? So no hockey for you. Curling? What the hell is that sport? Does anyone outside of Canada even know what it's about? And those mascots? The Giant Marshmallow Head guy? Did that actually take a real designer to think of that insanity? Bad, bad design.

So, I'm not into the Olympics and I wish they were over already. Another whole week of it. Admit it, you're really missing beach volleyball about now, aren't you?

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger California Highway Guy - Daniel said...

Olympics? You mean they are on? I never watch them; sports really holds no interest for me.

On the other hand...

Not too much opportunity for it growing up in Los Angeles, and I do have weak ankles.

I never knew you grew up in Los Angeles. Where?

(Oh, and the title for my blog (thanks for the link) is "Observations Along The Road". You should come over some time and comment a bit.)

16/2/06 9:52 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

say lady, that's a nice Brasil you got there.

17/2/06 12:20 AM  
Blogger Celena said...

Fugly means "Fat and Ugly".. Just thought I'd let you know. Most figure skaters (or their outfits) are not fat!

17/2/06 12:50 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

umm. actually, "fugly" does not mean fat and ugly, it actually means f*$#ed up and ugly -- at least that's the way i learned it.

uh oh, those prude anti-first amendment teachers will really be in a frenzy now.

17/2/06 1:42 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Shane, my use of Fugly is the same as yours, but I can accept that there are too different uses for the word. I get my usage from Go Fug Yourself, one of the greatest blogs evah! It's on my blogroll.

Daniel, WH, right near you. I went to Taft. Go west valley.

17/2/06 2:08 AM  
Blogger Carmi said...

The problem with Olympic coverage in the U.S. is that NBC is delivering it. NBC patently sucks in this regard. Their on-air personalities are pig-headed blowhards who seem to think that it's the American Olympics.

Thankfully, the CBC provides excellent, unbiased coverage in Canada. It's much less stressful to watch. And it sure beats the usual wall-to-wall football, baseball and basketball dreck that we usually get.

18/2/06 11:17 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

I admit it.

20/2/06 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.