HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Has the internet gone mad?

Today Blogger was down for hours and up sporadically half the day. Totally screwed my desire to post something that I later realized I had forgotten. Shit, why do I not put this stuff in Notepad when Blogger is down? I'm such a space cadet.

Now, I've gone into my yahoo mail account a few times today and I keep getting mail from Thursday and Friday now, like in the past 5 minutes. What the fuck? I'm just minding my own bidness here in the 'burbs and I ask so little of the internet. I just want to read my mail when it comes in, not 48 hours later. I just want to post my little rants and diatribes when the mood strikes me, not when Blogger deigns to be up.

I must admit, this is only the second time I've had an issue with Blogger in the past year, so I guess I can't much complain, or...yes I can complain. I want it up all the time. Is that so unreasonable? I think not. I guess it's better than Typepad, where you pay for the inconvenience of your blog providers instability. Now that really does suck, doesn't it? Blogger is free, and you do get what you pay for. However, I'm considering Wordpress. There aren't enough designers out there familiar with Wordpress yet, but it will happen soon. In the meantime, I'm putting Blogger on notice. People aren't happy when you go down for hours. Maybe some new servers are in order?

And Yahoo. Come on! You basically own the internet along with Google. You can do better than my trashy mailman who only delivers when he feels like it, and never 6 days a week because that would just be too fricking much for him. Honestly, just deliver the mail on time, when it's supposed to be in my inbox and not two days later. I know you can do it. So just do it!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Anonymous Paul Sveda said...

In there defence & considering some of the crap that people try to use to hack blogger or get it to do certain things I have to give the guys a pat on the back for only 2 days down time.

Okay, let me put it this way. I build websites and none of my hosts promise me even 99% up time. However lets say the blogger promises 99% for its free service. That seems pretty good untill you do the math and realize that 1% down time = 87.6 hours or a little over 3 and a half days off line. Assuming that blogger has only bee down twice for you and assuming it was a full day each time. You are still scoring a 99.3%, BONUS.

The big boys with the big toys and servers at banks. Yeah, they pay through the nose to get 3 nines after the decimal. Well, actualy, you pay through bank fees and junk charges so they can have 99.999% and brag about it at the golf club. :)

So don't be too hard on the boys at Blogger.

Oh and thanks for spreading the word on FireFox, however I do use FireFox. I just have to have every version of IE, Opera, Netscape, Moz and FF running to test my clients sites. Cause heaven forbid they all follow the rules! :)

Cheers

P.

5/2/06 7:50 AM  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Am glad I was out the whole time when blogger was down if not, i would be complaining just like the rest of you.

Michele sent me.

5/2/06 6:06 PM  
Blogger ~A~ said...

Michele sent me here today.

I was a little bummed by the blogger down too. I've actually been using blogger for word because my spelling is horrid and I don't want the bloggerworld to know how bad it really is.

Have a great Sunday.

5/2/06 6:23 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

Yeah, I guess you do get what you pay for.....but blogger is so easy and nearly idiot proof. I too am frustrated by email delays, but so far none have been time sensitive.

Go Seahawks! Boo-hiss creepy Burger King guy!

5/2/06 6:35 PM  
Blogger archshrk said...

Hello, Michele sent me.
I use wordpress on my own site (not wordpress.com) and have been very pleased with it. As for email, I use gmail and have had no problems there either. To answer your stupor bowl question...I'm actually at a friends house doing both (online and watching game) but I didn't know who was playing before this morning so that tells you which I'm doing more of.

5/2/06 6:36 PM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Blogger was making me nuts yesterday. The worst part was the Status page was down too, so you couldn't find out what was wrong :(

Here via Michele's!

5/2/06 6:38 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Blogger being down yesterday was totally maddening, wasn't it? I've been discouraged with Yahoo, too. *sigh*

Michele sent me today!

5/2/06 6:52 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I AM SOOOOOOO WITH YOU ON THIS!!!!

Margalit...Since Friday!!! Problema's with Blogger too numerous to go into here in a comment, but DEEPLY DEEPLY Frustrating, and I know what you mean about loosing heart about posting...The post I finally have up, (which Blogger kept making disappear...3 times!!!!) I finally got up and then Blogger was down most of yesterday, for me!

So....I'm dusheartened too, my dear...Thinking the same things....JaneLovesTarzan is going to make a change and if you have a link to her, go see what she says...I'm definitely looking into the whole thing...

I've got telephone problems, too..(LOL) So, a few thongs in the Electronic Field are giving me fits!!!

And...Yahoo! Yes! What is up with them??? OY OY OY!

It's a Shanda!!!!(LOL)

5/2/06 7:34 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Forgot to say in my rantyness...I'm here from Michele..(That was down last night too!!! I mean TypePad! It's like this infectious disease!

5/2/06 7:35 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I design, and I know Wordpress.....

:) visiting via Michele!

5/2/06 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Want a gmail invite, deahhh? I'd be happy to send you one. :)

6/2/06 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.