HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 12, 2006

How could I possibly skip this opportunity

Have you heard the news? Our vice president Dick (shoot'em up) Cheney jumped out of a car yesterday to shoot some quail, and instead shot his friend and fellow Texas mulit-millionaire Harry Whittington in the face. Best of all, they didn't disclose this information for 24 hours after the shooting. Shoot'em up Cheney was using a pellet gun and sprayed pellets into Whittington's face and neck. What a fucking moron. Playing cowboy, oh, excuse me, avid hunter, by jumping out of a car with a shotgun in your hands? What the hell kinda idiots have you all elected (don't blame me, I'm not only from Massachusetts, I ONLY vote Democratic for apparently obvious reasons) to represent us? His boss, the dithering idiot that can't speak a coherant sentence and takes a vacation every other month to rest after his hectic schedule of making bad decisions and political gaffs, and now Heart Attack Cheney. What a government to be proud of! It's Dumb and Dumber do Washington.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

10 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I hadn't even heard of this yet (haven't had the tv or news on today). All I can do is shake my head. I do hope the other guy is okay...

12/2/06 7:41 PM  
Blogger nita said...

too bad he was hunting with Whittington....

12/2/06 7:57 PM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I've really got to move to Canada...

Here via Michele's and embarrassed to be an American...but at least I didn't vote for those two.

12/2/06 8:10 PM  
Blogger la la la I can't hear you said...

I always think they can't possibly screw up any worse and they just keep proving me wrong. That must be their sole purpose in life.

Michele sent me. I'm gonna peek around now.

In Nov. 2006 - the rest of America is going to turn blue with us ;)

12/2/06 8:38 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

Yup, this is what's almost in charge of a good chunk of the free world. G-d help us all!

My favorite quote: "The covey flushed and the vice president picked out a bird and was following it and shot. And by God, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."

By G-d, indeed.

What a doof.

12/2/06 9:14 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

Alex and I just sat slack-jawed in wonderment at the news teaser when we heard it, and then after the story, for the rest of the day, every few minutes, one of us would just erupt, apropos of nothing, with, "You know, the Vice President just shot a guy in the FACE."

We can't get over it.

13/2/06 6:46 AM  
Blogger Belinda said...

And by God, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."


Yep, even in this, gotta shift that blame! Dumb ol' Harry! Don'tcha know that you don't have to look WHERE you're shooting, you have to be on the lookout for people shooting AT you! Idiot.

13/2/06 6:48 AM  
Anonymous Carrie said...

I got really excited when I heard Cheney shot a guy b/c I thought maybe, finally the administration was REALLY going to fall apart. I was so diasappointed when I heard it was just a hunting accident. I guess I was hoping he went nuts and shot someone at a protest. Of course, this administration doesn't even seem to realize they are being protested.

I kind of made myself sick with this reaction because it is just not normal to repond to news of a shooting with glee.

13/2/06 12:41 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Carrie,

I was in Berkeley in a bookstore when the news that Reagan got shot came over the radio. The whole bookstore cheered and one guy shouted out, "Dumb all, he should have used a bazooka." It was a riot!

13/2/06 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Mike said...

Carrie, I felt the same way. I was kind of hoping this would be the beginning of the end for this dark era of American history. I was disappointed that it was "accidental." Then I was sick at myself for being a bit happy that someone had been shot.

15/2/06 2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.