HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 16, 2006

I'm feeling the pain of longing

Dear Hershey's Chocolate, Inc.

You had a brilliant idea recently. You have created a lot of new flavors of Hershey's Kisses. During the 'holiday season' I discovered a particularly delightful new flavor, Cherry Cordial kisses. These are the most delicious chocolates I have eaten in years. Unfortunately, after the initial introduction they were all snapped up off the shelves within hours, and those of us who craved them could no longer buy them. During this dark time I tried other flavors like caramel and mint, but frankly, they weren't that great. They didn't have that burst of fondant flavor like the Cherry Cordials. They were overly sweet and somewhat bland.

Right before Valentines day, I was in Walgreens picking up a prescription and wandered over to the candy isle to pick up a bag of Valentine Hearts (Necco candy, right here in Boston) and what did my eyes behold. Three bags of Cherry Cordials. I snapped up those suckers with lightening speed. Me, the diabetic who is perpetually banned from sweets, hoarding chocolate. But I couldn't help it. They are seriously addicting. I brought the bags home and placed them high out of reach of my children's hands. These are for me, I told them. Within hours, one bag had already disappeared.

Later on, my son admitted that he stole the bag and brought it upstairs and ate it. I hate him. I hid one of the remaining bags downstairs, and brought the other one upstairs and hid it in my bedroom. By the next afternoon, the bag in my room had been emptied, and not by me. This time it was my daughter who was the culprit. This leaves me one measley little bag. One small bag to keep my addiction replenished until the next holiday.

Will you have them for St Patrick's Day. What about Easter? July 4th? Rosh Hashona? I need to know. I need to be able to plan ahead and save my pennies so I can buy these by the case. They are that good. While searching the web looking for places to purchase these delectable morsels, I came across a petition for your company to produce more. I concur. And I signed.

Please, Hershey's. I've been a loyal customer all my life. My family and I love your kisses, but these Cherry Cordials are beyond anything else you've ever concocted, even Peanut Butter Cups. You must make them available all year round.

Sincerely,

Margalit
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

15 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

A diabetic eating Hershey's cordials???? A woman who cancels her colonoscopy 3 times?????

Margalit - stop doing that! You are smarter than that.
Michele sent me.

17/2/06 12:05 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

it would be fun to set up booby traps that make noise to add a little risk for the little rascals - like a medicine cabinet filled with marbles. DOH

Have a good Friday!

17/2/06 12:15 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Margalit, that French place was probably La Residence. I have not seen it advertized for a long time, so it may not be there anymore. I remember the vegetarian place, but I can't remember the name. My neighbor had a reuben yesterday and the house-baked rye bread was so thick she had to remove the top piece and eat the sandwich with a knife and fork!

17/2/06 12:26 AM  
Blogger Celena said...

Mmm.. I must rush out and try to find some of these!

17/2/06 12:59 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me, Margalit.

Tsk-tsk-tsk. Typical rookie mistake, Margalit. You never hide candy from kids. They sense things like that. Put the candy in places that they're scared of. Like near the household cleaners or in the flour jar. If you need to be more careful you can always empty the bag into the pockets of a couple of coats you don't use often. Just every so often reach into the closet and get a handful with nobody the wiser.

By the way, I'd not seen the Cherry Cordial kisses yet but I'll make a definite point in searching them out. I love, love, love chocolate covered cherries and these sound like they might have the same kinda taste. Mmmmmm.

17/2/06 1:15 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi Margalit..I'm here from the lovely Michele tonight! I've never tasted this Hershey Kiss "Special"...Of course I'm a ourest when it comes to Chocolate...Give me Very Darl Chocolate--no other flavor, please..ButI can sure understand getting hooked on one of these extra special goodies...! Isn't it stupid of them NOT to sell these things all year long?? Oh. It just occurred to me they are waiting to see what the response is to this before they flood the market, cause if it will make them a pile of money, they will be selling them everywhere all year long, don't you think? Good Luck finding them my dear...But be sure to hide them from your kids! (lol)

17/2/06 1:19 AM  
Blogger Michael Manning said...

Margalit: Michele sent me! I loved your description of life in the "slow lane". Nothing slow about how quick you zapped up that candy. But do be careful with the diabetes. Ciao for now!

17/2/06 1:59 AM  
Blogger margalit said...

Judy, I only eat a couple a day and I'm really careful about my blood sugar readings. Even my nutritionist lets me eat a couple as I'm not insulin dependant.

Utenzi, I tried the coat thing and it worked for a long time. I have a couple of those barbour waxed green cotton coats with the inside pockets for dead birds (honestly, those Brits!) and that was my hiding place for the longest time until I was found out. But I think they'll have forgotten it by now, and maybe I'll try it again. I swear, these kids can smell chocolate from 500 yards.

17/2/06 2:04 AM  
Anonymous Kimberly said...

Like OOLOTH, I'm a purist where chocolate is concerned. My husband recently brought home a bag of dark chocolate kisses (in gorgeous purple foil), which are the best Hershey's chocolate I've ever had. We're slowly going through them, just a couple a day. Haven't had one yet today, though...

I'm here from Michele's.

17/2/06 2:37 AM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

I like Hershey's Kisses from the US.....

I also like Ritter Sport from Germany....

as I'm in the UK, it's a good thing I like British chocolate too :-)

cq

17/2/06 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Sheryl said...

I bought a bag of the peanut butter filled onesfor Valentines day. The cherry crdial couldn't possibly be better, but in the interest of science I will try them (so much sacrifice I'm willing to endure).

17/2/06 3:16 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

I'm a fan of the while chocolate ones, but I'll try anything for the sake of culinary science.

Haven't seen the cherry ones here, though. Canada always gets the good stuff last.

17/2/06 11:24 PM  
Blogger Eden said...

OMG -- how did I miss these? Pregnant and craving cherry and chocolate? All I got here were peanut butter and caramel.

18/2/06 11:00 AM  
Blogger Killired said...

wow... I missed these too! i bet if enough people write to them and complain, they will bring them back out!!!!!!

here from michele's!

18/2/06 5:51 PM  
Blogger Candy Guy said...

Thanks for the link!

Brian
http://candyaddict.com

19/2/06 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.