HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Meme that conquered Dooce

I've been tagged for this meme several times, and didn't do it. But seeing as how Dooce did it, and then tagged Jenb, who tagged Belinda, I honestly don't have much of a choice. So, although my answers aren't going to be earth shatteringly funny or even clever, here goes.



Four jobs I have had

  1. Puzzle maker at Milton Bradley. I worked on the Big Ben series and made 10,000 puzzles a night running a die cut press machine as big as a house.
  2. Built gas kilns at the University of Colorado for a summer. Hard fricking work, but firing them up for the first time was excellent.
  3. Sold candy for Russell Stover. Gained 35 lbs in 3 months 'sampling' the candy and quit when I figured I wouldn't fit through the door after a year. They were so unhappy I quit they told me I had a 'future in chocolate' and 'real talent in chocolate'. They should only know how prophetic that turned out to be.
  4. Worked as a software engineer at Avco, where I was on the hunt-and-kill satellite program, only I hadn't yet gotten my secret clearance so I had no clue for months on what I was working on. I lasted a year and moved on to a normal software career.

Four movie I can watch over and over

  1. Pirates of the Caribbean. Ummmm, Johnny Depp.
  2. Fever Pitch. Makes me cry every single time the Red Sox actually win the world series.
  3. Stella got her Groove Back. Ummmmm, Winston. And Jamaica. Even though the real story turned out to be really bad.
  4. Keeping the Faith. The scene with the Harlem choir singing Ein Kelohanu just makes me roar with laughter every time. The bartender scenes with Edward Norton... so funny I want to pee in my pants.

Four places I have lived (and 4 more for good measure)
  1. Tel Aviv, Israel
  2. Maastricht, the Netherlands
  3. Los Angeles CA
  4. Boulder CO
  5. Baltimore MD
  6. Apex NC
  7. Sloane Square, London UK
  8. Cupertino CA

Four TV shows I love
  1. Lost
  2. Beauty and the Geek
  3. Gray's Anatomy
  4. Amazing Race

Four places I have vacationed (and an addition)
  1. Block Island, Rhode Island
  2. Cannes, France
  3. Florence, Italy
  4. The Dalmation Coast, Croatia
  5. Scilly Islands, UK

Four of my favourite dishes
  1. Sushi
  2. Eggplant Parmesian made by me
  3. Indian Butter Chicken from Amber in Mt. View, CA
  4. Ribs from the Blue Ribbon BBQ

Five sites I visit daily
  1. NinjaPoodles
  2. WouldaShouldaCoulda
  3. Reign of Ellen
  4. Queen of Rambles
  5. Secret Agent Josephene


Four places I would rather be right now

  1. In Jamaica listening to reggae by the ocean with a nice cold mojito in my hand.
  2. London, shopping the yarn stores and visiting with loved ones.
  3. The Great Barrier Reef, looking at the fishies (Sorry Carrie).
  4. Living in my fabulous mansion on the Italian Riviera where I have servants, a pool and a cook who makes me regional specialities and brings copious bottles of Pinot Grigio that I drink poolside whilst chatting with all my Italian friends. I can dream, right?
I'm going to tag Carrie because I know her answers are going to be interesting, and Laurie because I know her answers are going to be unusual. Carmi is always thoughtful and intuitive, so he's getting tagged too. Naomi will have the coolest jobs ever, so I'm putting her on the list. That's my four folks to be tagged. Anyone else that hasn't done this meme is certainly invited to join in the fun. Because you know you're gonna get tagged eventually!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

20 Comments:

Anonymous Lucy Jane said...

Hey!
Michele sent me! Wow a chocolate tester, that's awesome!

4/2/06 2:48 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

I just had some leftover eggplant parmesan. Tasty! As bad as it is for us - I did learn that there is no nutritional value in eggplant -

here via michele today
p

4/2/06 2:49 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

I hate to tell you this but Naomi already did this one,I tagged her awhile back.
Beauty and the Geek is airing here at the moment. My 13 year old son loves it for some reason LOL
( Michele didn't sent me)

4/2/06 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Nikki-ann said...

Pirates of the Caribbean is brilliant! :)

You know what... I've never tried sushi" (Sad, I know).

Here via Michele's.

4/2/06 3:01 PM  
Blogger nita said...

i've escaped this one. i don't usually do them so i'm probably on an internet bathroom wall as 'spoil sport' :)

i looooove jamaica. let's move!

4/2/06 3:24 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, you have had some AMAZING jobs and have lived in some amazing places. Very interesting! Plus, I was pretty psyched to see that 3 of your 4 fave TV shows are mine too. Who knew?

Well, I guess Blogger is back so I can say with confidence that Michele sent me. I came, I saw, I commented!

4/2/06 10:54 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

How addicted are we all ?
$$@!%#$ blogger ;)

4/2/06 10:59 PM  
Blogger Theo said...

glad i avoided this one.

Michele sent me.

4/2/06 11:09 PM  
Blogger srp said...

Loved Florence, wish we had been there when the weather was not unseasonably HOT. There is enough to do and see to stay for at least a month or more.

Here from Michele... finally! Hold your breath about Blogger.

4/2/06 11:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm sort of a meme avoider, too, but I'll do one on a whim if I've got nothing else to write about. :-)

I think I could watch any movie with Johnny Depp in it over and over.

Michele sent me!

4/2/06 11:27 PM  
Blogger kristal said...

Ahhhh.... the meme that all the big bloggers did. I haven't done it yet, I may have to give it a whirl.

4/2/06 11:30 PM  
Blogger kristal said...

Michele sent me!

4/2/06 11:30 PM  
Blogger Radioactive Jam said...

Hi - page loaded! Maybe this means someone at blogger put the 'lectro paddles to the server. Or something. Where was I? Right... your jobs. The Russell Stover bit - wow. Still laughing. But the 4th one puzzles me. I don't understand the distinction between "no clue for months" and "normal software career." I've always thought those two phrases went together. Redundant, almost.

Or maybe I'm thinking of recursion...
:->

4/2/06 11:38 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Radioactive Jam: You are SO right about engineering jobs, but this one was completely above the boards. I hate absolutely no clue for over 3 months on what the project was. I mean NONE. I knew it was about space because there were space words in the code, but otherwise, it could have been anything outside the atmosphere.

4/2/06 11:51 PM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Wow! I love your previous jobs AND your travel/places you've lived. These things make me feel like my life is a real snoozer, but other people's sure are interesting. HA!

Michele sent me tonight...

4/2/06 11:54 PM  
Anonymous Im Chele I n [dot] LA said...

Oh wow I have been taged to do this too......
I am over it though..
Over from Michele's

4/2/06 11:58 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Whoa, a puzzle maker. you would have so been my hero as a child.

~michele sent me; can i have your autograph?

5/2/06 12:10 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hi - Michele sent me today and I'm so pleased. Head our way as my blogging partner has twins who are three - you could really give her a perspective she probably doesn't want!

Who cares about funny - you've been a puzzle maker and lived in Tel Aviv. Awesome.

5/2/06 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Im Chele I n [dot] LA said...

i stopped and visited your flickr...........
Great shots..
Over from the other Michele's again......

5/2/06 12:38 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Lol, LOL! I oove that you tagged me Margalit...I actually did this one a few weeks ago...I don't remember the date, but I'll try to look it up so you can gice it a look-see!
I loved your jobs! I want t hear more about that Chocolate Career!! (lol) And actually, I loved everrything about your 4 things in every catagory! Wonderful, Wonderful!

5/2/06 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.