HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Middle school tirade: Update

Well, fiddlestix! Today I get email bright and early from the assistant to the principal regarding my email to the SpEd teacher who needs SpEd himself. Seems he was so outraged by my demands to actually have a team meeting he was beside himself and couldn't respond, so went to his boss. Fine with me, I like her and have a lot of respect for her.

She emails me saying that the tone of my email was adversarial. Uh, you think? Sure it was adversarial. I was PISSED and I told him I was pissed. I also said that I'm not particularly nice when annoyed, remember? Anyhow, she wanted to make peace. I sent her back a copy of Mr SpEd's email, with a statement attached about how this adversarial little conflict happened and why. I get back another email with her getting why I was ticked, and guess what? The teachers can't wait to meet with me. They're chomping at the bit. It's like they won free tickets to the World Series or something. Emails from her secretary suggesting convenient times, like 8:00 am is EVER convenient. Two of them. Dying to get me to tell her when my time slots are free so they can rush to the conference room and perhaps provide a spa-like atmosphere. Maybe some meditation, or at least some fine wine.

It's just amazing how much can be accomplished with just those few words "I might have to contact my attorney." It's like whole world opens up and light dawns over the collective Marbleheads or something. Whatever. I don't particularly appreciate playing hardball, but man, do not cross this mother.

You know that scene in "The Harder They Come" when Jimmy Cliff says "Don't Fuck Wid Me" as he's crossing his opponent's chest with a knife. Zoro-like? That's me. Just don't fuck wid me.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

18 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me, Margalit!

I love your new header. Showing off the pretty side of Boston, I see. I guess that's better than showing something from the combat zone. LOL

I guess lawyers are good for something, huh? Nothing like using a little leverage with the school system, Margalit. Good luck in your upcoming battle/conference!

9/2/06 7:49 PM  
Blogger jeni said...

its always a comfort to know i'm not the only (what they refer to as...) "reactionary" momma! :) you know, if it were their kid, i'd bet they'd be pretty GD reactionary too. lol!!

good luck on the meeting!! kick ass & take names! :)

michele sent me by! :)

9/2/06 8:08 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Love the new look! Good luck with the meeting and remind me to stay on your good side... LOL!!

Michele sent me!

9/2/06 11:35 PM  
Anonymous jude said...

Nice photo for your header. I've been here before but don't remember that, must be new. Anyway, good luck with the school and oh yeah, michele says hi.

9/2/06 11:35 PM  
Blogger mommyof4 said...

Hi I have a son who is elemetary and I had the same problems. You are on the right path by showing them who is boss. My sons school now knows I know my shit when it comes to IEP'S and disabilty rights. So they don't give me hard time anymore. Thanks for visiting my site. Oh and I can't rent out my house because we could not get another morgage our credit is a little on the bad side right now.That is why I said not for at least five years will we be able to move. and also nobody wants to buy or rent for a good price around this shit hole! Yeah well.whats a girl to do? lol

9/2/06 11:49 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Love the new look , I guess my guesses were pretty far off.
Good for you staying hardcore Momma when it comes to your kids !
Michele sent me, I would have been here earlier but my week got away from me.

9/2/06 11:51 PM  
Anonymous Peaches said...

Michele sent me too. Stick to your guns. One time, I had an "issue" with a decision the principal had made (won't go into it). But did give a reporter her cell no. and her boss's cell number, and the superintendent's email address. She was working on an article. And guess what? All the changes I asked the school board for were magically done at the school...without them ever acknowledging they ever did anything wrong. Go figure...at least I made it better for other kids in the future.

Good for you! Go to that meeting...and might a suggest you let them know you're recording it? I'm just sayin'...

9/2/06 11:53 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

tiptoeing very carefully through this blog so as not to upset Margalit.

shhhhh, michele sent me

9/2/06 11:53 PM  
Anonymous Mo said...

Hi there- Michele sent me.

Can't say I'd ever dare cross you - go get 'em!

9/2/06 11:54 PM  
Blogger Bec of the Ladies Lounge said...

You go girl! My eldest is only in Year 3 and already I think the Principal has put me in the "trouble maker" box... My twins have two more years to go before school so she's no doubt hoping I've mellowed by then into something more like a slack troll and less like a mother who cares!

10/2/06 1:22 AM  
Blogger Bec of the Ladies Lounge said...

oops, michele sent me!

10/2/06 1:22 AM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

"I might have to contact my attorney" - go gettem, girlfriend!!

[rotflmao] excellent, Margalit....

cq

10/2/06 12:01 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

The lawyer threat always changes the direction of the game. I've used it on former employers to great effect. When it suddenly dawns on them that you're serious and you're not going to back down, they change their tone very quickly.

Good for you for standing your ground. The fact that they work for you obviously hasn't occurred to them yet. It will, someday.

10/2/06 4:59 PM  
Blogger used*to*be*me* said...

I become quite adversarial when it comes to my children and their needs. Good on ya!

Michele sends me today.

10/2/06 5:04 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Nice looking blog! Is Boston really that nice?

10/2/06 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie Davies said...

LOL When I read that, the lyrics to the old 60s song "Harper Valley PTA" came into my head. You go girl!!

Here from Michele's today, hope you kick some ass and take names!

10/2/06 5:58 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Sage,

Yes, Boston is REALLY that nice. It's really a lovely city. Small, easily walkable, on the ocean, and just really a cool place to live.

10/2/06 6:03 PM  
Blogger archshrk said...

Took a while to read up on the bacground but yeah, I'd be pissed too. I design schools so i've worked with my share of teachers. Some are eager to work with you while others think they rule the roust (sp) and others still don't have a clue. Fight on sister

10/2/06 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.