HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 19, 2006

One more day


Those of you who don't live in the Greater Boston area probably don't know why Monday is such a special day. No, it's not just President's Day. It isn't the biggest day of the year to purchase furniture and cars, although that is important, too. No, it's the starting of Spring Training. I am so excited I can't stand it. I've been literally on pins and needles all week waiting for the first reports. I understand Trot Nixon is already in Florida. Tickets are already on sale for the preseason games. In only a couple of months, baseball will be officially underway and I'll be obsessed until October.


I love this time of year. It's all good, things to look forward to. Theo's back, the front office seems to have calmed down, we have a relatively decent pitching staff, and although we're maybe lacking on some infield talent, I'm confident that we're going to have a good year. Everyone thought that after Johnny Demon left to the evil empire that this upcoming season would be at best a rebuilding year. But Manny is still with us, David Ortiz is looking fine, Curt Shilling has finally healed, Bronson Arroyo is looking mighty adorable, it's looking to be a great year.

Go Sox!
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

8 Comments:

Blogger Morris said...

I was there before, it is a very beautiful place!

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

19/2/06 8:28 AM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

wow spring training already and the Super Bowl was only a few weeks ago.

here via Michele's.

19/2/06 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Kat said...

I don't know why, but I can't get into baseball. I prefer full-contact sports like football and hockey. I spent my summers during college in Boston so I know that Boston sports fans are the craziest in the world!

One time my dad saw a drunk Sox fan walk into a parking meter and proceed to start a fight with it!

19/2/06 6:53 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, Michele sent me back, my dear...In regard to your comment...I look forward to getting that email..about The Tribe...if that means what I think it means...How Disappointing.

19/2/06 6:58 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Woohoo!!! Go Sox!!! I too will be obsessed until October. I saw some news clips last night of Schil and Paplebon. I just wish they would stop showing the clips with Johnny in his pinstripes with the big a$$ grin on his face. It makes me want to throw right up everytime I see it.

19/2/06 7:20 PM  
Blogger nita said...

i was filling my tank and this guy pulled up, hopped out and i totally thought he was theo.

i did a double take and he says, "nope, not him." and smiled. said he gets it a lot. we chatted and flirted and then i realized that i had on my pink slippers cuz i was only going to a friend's house.

all i can say is thank the baseball gods is wasn't *him*

19/2/06 11:22 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

HI MICHELE SENT AND BY THE WAY GO TRIBE! ALL IN GOOD FUN!

20/2/06 12:29 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

HI MICHELE SENT AND BY THE WAY GO TRIBE! ALL IN GOOD FUN!

20/2/06 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.