HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 10, 2006

Parade of hats

We're watching the opening ceremonies of the olympics in Turino. As always, my favorite part is when the teams march into the stadium in their 'traditional' winter garb. OK, it's not traditional, but it's designed by someone famous and the hats... oh the hats. Some of you silly monkeys are shoe people. Me, I'm a hat girl. I do love a good hat. Not the Queen Elizabeth II hats that you wear to lawn parties. Nope, I like them silly and warm and strange. I've got a couple in my own collection that could make you draw your breath in amazement. Hats are what's happening, kids.

Evidentally, it's in the genes or something, because as I was taking a casual bathroom break, Mongolia marched in and the Boy, ever the clever kid, screamed out, "Wow, look at those hats. Genghis Kahn would be so proud."

Not as proud as I am, methinks.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

16 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

I so love hats....

Michele sent me! :)

10/2/06 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Im Chele In [dot] LA said...

came to visit ..
Just cause I wanted to..
ahahahah
but I have to say I love that George Bush count down

10/2/06 11:02 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

Your son has a future in satire. Call Jon Stewart.

I was having similar thoughts as I observed the headgear. But anything I might have said wasn't nearly so insightful.

10/2/06 11:14 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

now i'm looking forward to the opening ceremony!

10/2/06 11:14 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

Hi,
Michele sent me too. I really like your blog--I do, in fact, wear many hats. And I love that famous bridge. I'm a painter--I sometimes work from sketches I do in notebooks on dayjob trips, and I just did a sketch of the bridge (haven't painted it yet). Well, nice to meet you. I'll send you a link to a the sketch. It includes the suggestion of ducks,
Rick

10/2/06 11:20 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

LOL! I'm laughing because my kids and I were just commenting on the Mongolian hats. They were kinda cool!

10/2/06 11:21 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

oh, and Michele sent me!!

10/2/06 11:21 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

Show and tell per above comment: Now that I look at it again, I think I like the moon best.

http://www.geocities.com/rmullincen/boston.html?1139631911859

I'll be back, less show-offy next time. Probably.

10/2/06 11:28 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

Vanx,

Went to your site and was surprised to see my banner drawn there. Way cool!

10/2/06 11:44 PM  
Blogger mommyof4 said...

I forgot the olympics were on!Bad! Hi here from michele's! But was gonna come anyhoo!

10/2/06 11:53 PM  
Blogger Sheesh said...

Here via Michele's. I love Boston! But, I'm a shoe girl. :)

10/2/06 11:56 PM  
Blogger jac said...

oh hats are wonderful things. i always have this daydream/wish that i could live in the 30s and 40s when women wore those stylish hats with everything from loose cotton summer dresses to tailored suits. i have a small hat collection that includes a pretty green velvet flapper hat and a beautiful embroidered lace cap that must have at one time had a mini-veil attached to it.
i'm here from michele's tonight. thanks for stopping by my place too!

11/2/06 12:02 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL! Very Funny!
Love the New Look of your blog...wonderful bridhe, my dear...
I haven't seen any of the Opening Ceremonies..Drat! Oh well...that's how it goes.

11/2/06 12:22 AM  
Blogger Belinda said...

I don't know how many times I can repeat it, but I love. those. kids.

What month is their birthday?

11/2/06 6:06 AM  
Blogger Crayonsetc said...

I was checking out those hats too!! Living in Colorado Springs, I found out on the news last night that I can go buy the hat that Team USA was wearing!! I think I will go with white :)

11/2/06 11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, those hats worn by Mongolian athletes are called "loohuus" and the most of them made by fox fur. It was very common wear among Mongolian nomads but we kind of stopped seeing them lately.

The Blog Tribune

12/2/06 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.