HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 05, 2006

So far, Superbowl commercials are kinda dull

I never watch the game. For me, that's the time to blog, or to chat with friends, or to read. But the Boy knows that the second the commercials come on, to inform me so that I can change my eyeglasses and check them out. Yes, I'm one of those advertising fools that loves Superbowl commercials. I only watch the commercials. So far, I'm just not impressed. So far, the Fedex commercial with the cavemen and the dinosaurs was the funniest. I didn't like the AmeriQuest one with the surgeons, fly, and defibrillators, but I'm a tad sensitive on the topic, perhaps. I liked the streaker Budweiser commercial, but then again I always love any Bud commercials with the clydesdales. They're so gorgeous.

I think that there will never be a year as good as 2000, when small startup high tech companies spent fortunes to create hilarious commercials for the Superbowl. I won't ever forget the herding cats commercial for EDS. That was brilliant, even if nobody knew what EDS did or what it had to do with cats. It was just too frigging funny.

I hope once the (gag me) halftime is over, the commercials will improve. I understand that the second half often has the better commercials. I sure hope so.

So, what are you all eating during the game? We've snacked on salsa and chips, we've got enchiladas for dinner (kids eating Mac&Cheese), and we've got some dessert items, although we ate the entire batch of shortbread cookies the Girl made with her friend. Hmmmm... maybe we should skip the dessert items, huh?

Oh, it's halftime. Dinner time. Yum.


Addendum: The Robert Plant Lost commercial was brilliant. Brilliant. We all clapped at the end. The Desperate Housewife commercials have been kinda lame (Shaq mouring the loss of Gabrielle's baby) but this Lost commercial: 10+.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

11 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

I gotta agree with you on all accounts

5/2/06 8:33 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

EDS is a huge technology services company (sorta like IBM Global Services.) The herding cats analogy has to do with geek culture: they often say that managing IT effectively (or leading an IT project) is analogous to herding cats. Basically, it's impossible to ever corral 'em all.

5/2/06 8:40 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

i think the bud light commercial with the grizzly bear was by far the funniest
~michele sent me

5/2/06 9:00 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Maybe I should get off the computer and watch the last half for the commericals. I retreated to the computer - where I'd rather be anyway - since I hate football. I do watch the closing, however, because Paul Tagliabue is a friend my mr. kenju's and I like him a lot.

Michele sent me.

5/2/06 9:28 PM  
Blogger Cindy Lee said...

the MacGyver one was good

5/2/06 10:03 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Back again, via you know who (Ms. Michele). I turned the game on after I posted the last comment, but I didn't even look at any commercials - none of them got my attention.

5/2/06 10:04 PM  
Blogger Dak-Ind said...

i loved Paul McCartney's montage for the fidelty investment people. otherwaise, meh. not so great this year. i was suprised to see last night though, that the Apple Mac commercial is no longer number two (behind mean joe drinkign a coke) a stupid office linebacker one is second now. weird.

anyways michele sent me, and i too love the commercials!

5/2/06 10:12 PM  
Blogger Classic Jef said...

I missed the Robert Plant commercial...anyone got a link?

5/2/06 11:50 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

The Clydesdale one was my most favroite - although I must admit, I missed alot of them... I did, however, see the Jessica Simpson one - which made me want to gag.

Glad the steelers won!

6/2/06 11:22 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I got sick of that stupid Jessica Simpson one pretty quick myself. She has just turned into such a pig... I am sorry.

I was totally unimpressed by the commercials... What happened to people's imagination? Of course I loved the commercial for the Self-Esteem fund (by Dove)... First of all I love the song "True Colors"...absolutely one of my favorite love songs and the little girls were just beautiful!!! It was a nice change of pace and of course made me emotional (sniffle sniffle)

I don't know why but I didn't like the Lost commercial.... The first Desperate Housewives commercial they showed wasn't as good as the one with Hef in it...I definitely LOL at that one..

... And yes, Margalit, I too was gagging at the thought of a RS halftime!!!! LOL

6/2/06 5:18 PM  
Blogger Celena said...

In Canada, they block the American commercials and air lame Canadian commercials. Sucky

6/2/06 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.