HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 18, 2006

We dodged a bullet here

Last school vacation the Boy was sick the entire vacation, leaving us stuck in the house and feeling miserable. Last night the Girl was running a fever and looking grey and miserable. I just couldn't believe she was sick the very first night of vacation. Noooo! But this afternoon she perked up and is now feeling fine. Phew. So fine that we went to the library where I made her pay for the fine she's had for over a year for taking out some DVDs and hiding them because she wasn't supposed to take out DVDs during the school week. We lived very close to the library and the kids often walked there in the afternoons to get CDs and check out the movies.

She paid her fine, and we went up to the 3rd floor to the media center and the kids picked out 6 DVDs and a bunch of CDs to borrow. I also got some CDs. Our library allows us to take 6 DVDs and 20 CDs at one time. Books are unlimited as far as I know.

After the library shooed us out as they were closing, we went to the bakery nearby. It's usually closed by 4, but was open today as they have new owners. The kids picked out a few small items, and I picked out my personal favorite, 7 layer cake. This is a Jewish bakery so everything is dry as it's all baked with oil rather than butter, making everything pareve. We went home and I made dinner. After dinner we brought out the treats and I was talking about how I love the 7 layer cake, and the Girl said, "but there are only 6 layers." I argued and then we started counting the layers. One...Two...Three...Four...Five...Six... Damn! There were only 6 layers on my 7 layer cake. New owners be damned! I want my last layer.

The Girl got a mini apple pie and a heart cookie with pink sprinkles. She has never outgrown her love of pink sprinkles, or any sprinkles for that matter. Her absolute favorite breakfast is the "all pink" breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. Strawberry glazed donut with sprinkles, and strawberry milk. Just looking at it makes me nauseated, but she loves it.

The Boy had a terrible time deciding and finally got this huge almond cookie with chocolate icing and a M&M cookie. He munched happily and then said that he was too tired to eat any more. Since he eats constantly, that was a surprise statement.

That's the update from here.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

3 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

God, they're beautiful.

Just curious, do you ever bake with Spectrum Spread? It tastes very buttery and is made from either olive or canola oil, depending on which one you get. No trans-fats, either. I used to use it all the time to sub for shortening.

19/2/06 12:43 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Lots of Yummy sounding goodies! Hmm that Cookie with the icing and the M&M's...My My My, what won't they think of next! LOL
Here from Michele today, my dear...
Skipped the Baseball cause I know nothing about any of them but I'm happy for you!

19/2/06 6:24 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I love the library. My kiddos and I go at least once a week. The DVD's and CD's are a real treat and my kids also have come to enjoy the books on CD/tape. A really great FREE activity!!

Also the boy and the girl are so darn cute!

19/2/06 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.