HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, February 17, 2006

Yahoo! February vacation is officially ON.

Yes, sports fans. It's that time of year those of us lucky enough to participate in: winter vacation. Some of you are saying "What?" because you don't have a week off in February to celebrate the week with the worst possible weather. You get out of school in early June, whilst us lucky parents of kids in the Northeast have kids in school until the last week in June. Sometimes camp starts before our kids are officially out of school. Depends upon the number of snow days we get. Maybe that's why our superintendant never calls a snow day.

Many of the luckier kids have already left for the skiing vacations in Aspen or their cruises in the Caribbean. We stay home and bicker. Such fun!

So how did our vacation start? Well, let's back up to last night, when I was up the entire night because I am a wicked insomniac and I need something better than Ambien but my health coverage won't pay for anything but Ambien. Asshats. I'm tired, folks, really really tired. But the mind still goes and even though the body is willing, sleep alludes me once again. At 1 pm I go upstairs to turn on the soaps, as I can usually fall asleep during them. True to form, I'm out like a light until the Boy comes home and wakes me up. Two hours of sleep. I guess I can deal. Then I lay my head back down and again head towards snoozeland when the Girl comes home hyper as can be and starts yelling for me to come downstairs. She's brought her friend and her friend's mom, whom she has decided will be a great new friend for me. So I stumble downstairs, unbrushed hair in pseudo-bun atop my head, mega giant T-shirt and white sweat pants, barefoot, unbrushed teeth. I look my best to meet a new friend. Shit! But new friend finds it funny and we hit it off. She talks faster than the Girl or the Boy, which makes her the fastest talker outside the Isuzu commercial. My poor brain, which is working in slo-mo tries to keep up.

Welcome to vacation week, moms! Several people have asked me what my plans for vacation are. Plans? What are those? I plan to get the kids to pick up their rooms so I can once again see the pretty wooden floors I seem to remember are down there somewhere. Maybe we'll hang the pictures sitting on the dining room floor. After all, we've been here almost a year. It is about time, right? Perhaps a movie. Maybe a trip to the camping store to get The Girl the last items she needs for her winter camping trip upcoming in early March. Do you think they sell electric sleeping bags for the spoiled princesses that will be accompanying her? Speaking of sleeping bags, she has to venture down into our basement to find the winter camping bag. Yes, I honestly do have a 3-season down sleeping bag, and the one season missing is summer.

The Boy is already nagging for me to take him someplace. Like I want to go out in the raging windstorm. Not gonna happen. Nagging. One step up from whining. Welcome to my world.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

7 Comments:

Blogger Carmi said...

Sounds idyllic. What would family be if it wasn't insane.

17/2/06 10:24 PM  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Here via Michele's. Happy weekend!

17/2/06 11:29 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

The insomnia? Obviously right there with you, just look at the time of this comment! Anyway, what about tamazepam? It's generic, it's cheap, and it's the mack-daddy of sleeping pills, if you can get a doc to prescribe them. Short term, anyway, because they're addictive, natch. But still. Even if you have to pay out of pocket, they're way cheap.

Sleep soon!

Your sister in insomnamulability.

18/2/06 4:06 AM  
Blogger Marisa said...

Hi Margalit, I'm visiting via Michele today.

and I'm extremely jealous of your February vacation, even if you aren't getting enough sleep.

Hope you get a nap in soon.

18/2/06 3:29 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

ah yes....you're world is around the corner from mine. Take a right turn after nagging until you hit whining, then go left at Imboardtheresnothingtodo. I'll be the one with the blank stare making buh buh buh buh noises.

18/2/06 3:41 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I feel for ya. We get a week in March and by the time its over I'm itching for the kids to go back to school BIG TIME

18/2/06 6:32 PM  
Anonymous tommy said...

why hang pictures? We've been here 8 years and haven't put ours up yet?

18/2/06 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.