HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Blogging on my mind tonight

Tonight when we were at Papa Ginos, that unfabulous pizza parlor, home of the most bland pizza in the world, we were sitting next to two women, both of whom had two children with them. One of them looked amazingly familiar and I looked at her several times, thinking, "Where do I know this woman from?". Her kids were gorgeous and very lively. They didn't look familiar but they were about 5 and 8 years old, and I really don't know too many kids that age in real life.

She looked at me several times, but she looked more at my kids. I could see that she had some sense of recognition of them, but didn't know their names. Ditto for me, I had no clue of the names she called her kids. But it was apparent to both of us that we looked familiar in some way we couldn't figure out.

After they left, I said to my kids, "I think that woman is a blogger."

I didn't know which blog it was, but she just looked way too familiar and she was obviously a single mom out with a friend, so I tried to think of who it could possibly be, thinking of single moms in that age group. I went up and down my blog roll, but I finally figured out who it must have been.

If that mom is reading, wow, your kids are really beautiful! It was nice to see them, and I wish I had even a remote clue of who you were then so I could have said "Hi" and introduced myself. Oh well, maybe another time.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

5 Comments:

Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Was it anyone I would know? I love that you saw a fellow blogger! WendyWings is coming my way in August! I look forward to meeting her.

22/3/06 12:33 AM  
Blogger Eden said...

It's weird to be recognized IRL. ;)

22/3/06 8:56 AM  
Anonymous the boy said...

I'm in school right now showing emma your blog, emma says she likes it. papa ginos was good. I ate 6 pieces. YAY.

22/3/06 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Raida said...

That's so wierd! I think I'd flip out if I recognized someone from blog-world in the real world.

Great site! Glad M-Mad cruised me through.

Cheers,
Raida

23/3/06 3:50 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

oh god! your kids read your blog? My kids know I HAVE a blog, but I don't give them the address. They're constantly coming up with ideas or taking pictures for me, "You need to put this on your blog, mom!" Of course, the pictures are always of the kittens, and I don't want to be known as the "Crazy Cat Blogger Lady"

24/3/06 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.