HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dooce opens her comments

It's the 5th anniversary of Dooce, and Heather has opened her comments to ask some questions regarding how our mother's raised us vis a vis working vs SAH parenting. She has over 1400 comments. My question is, do you think she's really going to read 1400 comments? And how long is it going to take?

Just pondering....
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

6 Comments:

Blogger jac said...

hmmm.......maybe she has staff for that... she IS dooce after all LOL no j/k. she probably will read them all. it doesn't take too long to go through them unless they are long and wordy like this one is becoming LOL
thanks for stopping by my place the other day. a roomba is on my "when i get rich" list. as a grad student, funds are extremely tight, so in the meantime, i'll use my trusty old wal-mart hoover.
hope you'll come back and visit again. :o)

1/3/06 2:20 AM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

It is so funny that you wrote about this because I went to her blog for the first time just a few minutes ago and when I saw that there were over 1400 comments, I said 'out loud' to know one...."You've Got To Be Kidding!?" Is this usual, for her?
LOL!

1/3/06 4:08 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

LOL.... I know I know.. I was so excited when I read that post yesterday morning and at that time there was only like 600 comments. I got an immediate adrenaline rush and was pondering my comment when I realized I didn't really have one...LOL. It was just the excitement that I COULD comment!

1/3/06 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Jenn said...

Oh dear God. 1400? I can't even bear to go over there, it's like rubbing my snout in my own poo.

Don't visit her comments, man, it's a madhouse. Just come to my house and help me paint my cabinets and I'll make a pot of tea and buy some Tollhouse cookie dough and we can talk about our moms. You come too, Jac.

1/3/06 8:14 AM  
Anonymous Karen said...

I saw that and also wondered the same thing. I think it's possible to be TOO popular. lol

I also googled the article she was referring to, "Homeward Bound" thought-provoking stuff (okay, I'll be honest, it irritated me. Since when do SAHM NOT contribute to society? What do you call raising a well-adjusted child? Grr, don't get me started. lol)

1/3/06 12:02 PM  
Blogger Eden said...

I wondered about this on my kid-centric blog the other day. I think she's gathering material for a book. This should be the easiest money she's ever made ;)

1/3/06 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.