HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Girl is back and she's already in trouble

Hey na, hey na, the Girl is back!

Right from the get go, I was shaking my head and wondering just what she's thinking. I go to pick her up at the correct time, and she's not there. No bags, no Girl. I see a friend of hers in the car in front of us, so I know it's her group and her busses. But no her. Then a car comes up honking behind me, and she's in it, waving madly. Why? You got me. But she decided that this mom would follow us home rather than to transfer all the stuff. OK, I'm copasetic.

We drive up our hill and she gets out of their car and she's wearing pajama pants. Remember the girl with 8 zillion pairs of pants? She's gone and put on PJs. Okaaaaay. She lugs her junk bags into the kitchen and drops everything, where it sits for hours until I lose it and bitch at her to get it the hell off the kitchen floor. Yup, she's back!

Honestly, she is so weird. She takes of her PJ pants, leaving them on the kitchen floor, of course, and under them she has sweats. Under the sweats she has long underwear. She's boiling hot. It's almost 70 degrees here in Boston. A tad bit overdressed, wouldn't you say?

Once she's peeled off several layers and cooled down, she starts talking and 7 hours later, she went to bed. She had a fabulous time. She loved it. LOVED it. First, our friendly math teacher left on Tuesday because she didn't think her kids (all in high school or older) could take care of her dog. Very interesting, eh? This made the girl's trip all the better. The kids she bunked with turned out to be great, even though she was a bit hesitant about them. They used Ellen's conversation card deck to get to know each other and that worked very well, she reported.

The best part of the trip was the ropes course. She's always wanted to go on ricketey old bridges way up in the air, and she got her wish. She was one of just a few kids that did the highest course, which was way up there. There is a photo of her below on the course. She also loved ice fishing (what Jewish kid likes ice fishing?), orienteering, rock climbing and hiking. She thought snowshoeing was 'weird'.

One of her friends is a riot. He's just the sweetest kid, but totally and completely klutzy. She told story after story of him falling here, there and everywhere. They did a skit at the end, and his tumbles were the highlight of the skit. She was there with 'the runaway' and he had a good time, too. Her girlfriends were not all there, but one friend in particular was, and this experience made them even closer.

All in all, she had a great time. She came home happy and beaming, and as sweet as sugar. Unfortunately, the Boy loused her mood up with his own foul mood, because once again he had not made plans far enough in advance and wanted to go to a party tonight that we couldn't find. I tried twice, once with totally incorrect directions and address, the second time with nebulous directions and an address that we couldn't find.

New England homeowners, TURN YOUR OUTSIDE LIGHTS ON. It's pitch black out, you can't see a damn house number worth shit, he got the street name wrong, then the second time we almost got run off the road by a semi truck barrelling down the road about 3 feet out of my back hatch. I don't drive at night evah, and I really did try, but it's way too dangerous and I get so keyed up that I only tried twice, and said no more. He was pissed and sulked and then spent the evening revving up his sister.

Back to normal. Ugh.

More pictures will eventually end up on flickr when I can get them to upload. I already spent 2 hours trying and nothing would upload today.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

12 Comments:

Blogger Buffy said...

The ropes course looks fantastic.

12/3/06 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Kat said...

That sounds like a really fun trip. I just got back from vacation, but I could really use another one.

12/3/06 1:40 PM  
Blogger mar said...

Love hearing about fun trips. I couldn't have done the ropes, though. Wait, do you mean not only blogger plays games on us, also flickr? here via Michele's today.

12/3/06 2:18 PM  
Blogger OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

Everything back to normal eh, Margalit? (lol) It does sound like She had a great time..which is good! Sorry you couldn't find that party...I know your son was even sorrier from what it sounds like...Like you said...everything as is it was...

Here from Michele today...!

12/3/06 2:28 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, sounds like a great trip, who knew she would be part Tarzan on the rope course. Michele sent me.

12/3/06 2:33 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

Ice fishing. The great cultural equalizer.
I don't have "The Girl". I have "The Girls"--three of 'em. And I don't have "The Boy" at all. It must be nice to have a balance and a boy at all (never thought I'd say that, and it's too damn late to even think about it~,:^).
Isn't it great when they have an experience like your daughter's trip?

12/3/06 2:59 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Sounds like a great rip for her; I loved those rickety old platforms in Costa Rica! Michele sent me.

12/3/06 3:03 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Looks like she had a great time. I totally hear you on the nebulous directions thing as the owner of a 13 year old boy myself. I had to drive somewhere to pick him up he screwed up the directions , I had NO phone with me and had to drive all the fricking way home to call him and get proper directions, not impressed at all !
Michele sent me but I come back by myself normally :)

12/3/06 4:14 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Sounds like she had a great time.

Here via Michele.

12/3/06 4:38 PM  
Blogger The Torch Singer said...

wow....

she is one lucky girl!

michele sent me!

12/3/06 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Bonita in Pink said...

Hi there!
I'm returning the visit! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your blog looks so interesting I had to add you to my blogroll!

Looks like you had an interesting trip! I wish I could do that too... You're luck to have done that... look so fun!

12/3/06 5:00 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

Sounds like she had a great time!
Thanks for stopping by my place. I use Sitemeter--it's free and you can see how people get to your blog--from Blogroll, what their search words for Google are, etc. It can be interesting. I have also found people who link to me that I didn't even know about......and the price is right.

12/3/06 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.