HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 03, 2006

I feel good, nananaana,
like you know that I would


I feel fine.... because I just bought two bottles of wine. And some tequila and tangerine vodka, and I've made myself a cocktail and I'm feeling ah, so pleasant. Maybe there is something this alcohol consumption theory. My therapist advised against taking up cocktails, but I just feel like I'm needing something to take the edge off in the early evening, when the Boy's meds are wearing off and he's bouncing off the walls.

He's watching the second DVD of the British The Office series. I've never heard him laugh more than when watching this show. It's funny how he just 'gets' it.

The new 39 cent stamps are incredibly ugly so far. I can barely bring myself to put one on an envelope. The Post Office really needs to come up with new designs before they announce the raise in cost.

There are NO winter jackets left in any stores. The Boy has outgrown his from last year and refuses to wear it. It's still megacold outside and he'll only wear a sweatshirt. I'd prefer that he wore a coat. But there are none. Because it's March, and somewhere, people must be buying spring clothing.

I'm down 47 lbs now, and nothing fits me anymore, but I can't get new clothes. I want to to wait until the weather warms up, just to see what still fits of my summer clothes. I'm assuming that most of the summer stuff, shorts with elastic waists, will be fine, so I can wait quite a while before I have to buy more clothing, and by then, who knows what size I'll be wearing. Anyone's guess.

I've got an interesting job possibility coming up with involves my old career and blogging. I'm hoping it works out as I like the whole opportunity and have an idea it would be very helpful to my blogging as well.

Gonna spend the weekend marking clothing and packing for the Girl's winter camping trip. I think we've got everything we need now, although she wants to take one last shopping trip this weekend with her friend. She's so psyched to go on this trip. She's been looking forward to it for years.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

13 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

HI, I've been trying unsuccessfully to leave a comment and I think you may have been posting this new entry, that's why. Amyway, I buy my stamps online--there are more choices there.

Visiting form Michele's...

3/3/06 7:51 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

whoa, you smell like a distillery.
michele sent me.

3/3/06 8:03 PM  
Anonymous jude said...

a real job that involved blogging would be pretty cool.

3/3/06 8:18 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

47 pounds? Congrats!

BTW, I agree with Jude!

Here via Michele.

3/3/06 8:33 PM  
Anonymous lovelesshusband said...

I smell like a distillery, too. Michele sent me.

Winter is nearly over.. just get The Boy to put on two sweatshirts, save on the expense of a winter jacket.

A very Scottish perspective, I know... sorry.

3/3/06 8:37 PM  
Blogger Golden Dreams said...

I was in Kittery today. Great deals and lots of winter coats and such on clearance.

I think I live nearby...save some of the wine for me!

Michele sent me again tonight.

3/3/06 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Chloe F. said...

heh. The winter jackets are all down in Filene's basement now. Are you brave enough to go there?

3/3/06 9:05 PM  
Anonymous atpanda said...

Hey! Thanks for visiting today! I say drink up. No harm in a drink (or two) to celebrate the end of the day.

I have the complete opposite problem from you. I live in AZ. There are NO summer clothes here and it is 80 degrees plus...

3/3/06 9:12 PM  
Blogger ƒåυνέ said...

Mmmm tangerine vodka. I say enjoy!

Here from Michele's

3/3/06 9:23 PM  
Blogger Carmi said...

You live in such interesting times! I can't wait to hear more about this job opportunity. Do keep us posted.

And have a great Shabbat!

3/3/06 9:57 PM  
Anonymous kimbofo said...

Cocktails! Cocktails! Who mentioned cocktails?

My favourite cocktail is a cosmopolitan, but I love gin & tonic with slice of lime.

Here's cheers to you! Happy weekend.

Michele sent me! :)

4/3/06 5:01 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

First - Congrats on the weight loss! Wow, I admire that and so need to do it myself.

Second - all I see at the stores are shorts and swim suits. did you check online? In the past we've gotten some really good deals on winter stuff from various outdoor-like web sites. Try Campor.com or something like LL Bean.

Here from Michele to offiaclly comment although I ran through silently earlier.

4/3/06 9:00 PM  
Blogger srp said...

Here from Michele.
I thought someone said there were new stamps with children's literature characters on them. I haven't seen them myself but they sound very cute.

4/3/06 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.