HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

'Impeach Bush' Reaches the Mainstream

As quoted in it's entirety by the Martian Anthropologist.

I've been waiting for this day for a while. Impeachment is no longer a word only used by "radical left-wing liberals". Heh. Among others, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post are writing about it:

From The Washington Post:

...Because, damn -- this impeachment stuff is really getting around.

It's all over the blogosphere. It's the cover story in the current Harper's. The San Francisco Board of Supervisors has passed an impeachment resolution. Antiwar activists, civil libertarians, all the usual-suspect constituencies have growing impeachment tendencies.

But it's reaching beyond the usual suspects, as I discovered last month when I appeared on a media panel before the national legislative conference of a major union. Local activists from across the nation spent an hour asking us questions, and one out of every three queries, it seemed to me, boiled down to, "How can we impeach this guy?"

From the Toronto Star:

Lewis Lapham, the outgoing editor of Harper's magazine and one of the country's most outspoken Bush critics, makes the case for impeachment in the March issue of his magazine.

It includes this indictment:"We have before us in the White House a thief who steals the country's good name and reputation for his private interest and personal use; a liar who seeks to instill in the American people a state of fear; a televangelist who engages the United States in a never-ending crusade against all the world's evil; a wastrel who squanders a vast sum of the nation's wealth on what turns out to be a recruiting drive certain to multiply the host of our enemies.

"In a word, a criminal --— known to be armed and shown to be dangerous."

From the Wall Street Journal:

If Democratic candidate Tony Trupiano wins a Michigan House seat this fall, he pledges that one of his first acts will be to introduce articles of impeachment against President Bush.

That has earned Mr. Trupiano the endorsement of ImpeachPAC, a group of Democratic activists seeking to remove Mr. Bush from office. ImpeachPAC's Web site lists 14 candidates offering similar commitments, which are reminiscent of the Republican drive to oust former President Bill Clinton after the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

So: All of you out there that love America, but are getting tired an American President trashing the freedoms that so many of our countrymen have fought and died for, take heart.


The criminal is on his way out.


Originally written on the Martian Anthropologist Blog.
Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Cissa Fireheart said...

Seriously? I really really enjoy your blog most of the time. But when you get into political topics, I disagree with you on so many levels. I am not trying to start an arguement here, but I really think the comparison of Bill Clinton vs. George Bush was a bad example. The pie chart comparison was a moral vs. polital issue, and that is a bad way to compare. You need to look at the total package, not just one side of a president. And because it's OK for so many cheaters out there in America, of course Bill Clinton is gonna look like the better President. I hope you'll not stay on the political stuff much longer. I hate to stay away from your blog cause I disagree so wholeheartedly with your political posts...*sigh*

15/3/06 4:30 PM  
Blogger margalit said...

I'm sorry you don't agree with me, but I think avoiding anything you don't agree with is kind of silly. I'm always going to post political information, and this was information important enough for the Wall St Journal and the NY Times to weigh in on. If you don't agree, that's fine. I'm not telling you what to believe or what not to believe. But to ask me to censor what I believe in just isn't in the spirit of blogging. Skip the political stuff if you don't agree. There's plenty more to read beyond my political opinions. OK? It's fine to agree to disagree.

15/3/06 6:35 PM  
Anonymous scribo said...

So this weekend I had to clean up my yard (which was trashed all over again by hail the size of guinea pigs), and I'm hacking away at the overgrown brush and thinking, this back yard may be the only place on earth where george bush could possibly do some good for a change, and WHERE IS HE? damn him. Actually I would likely pull several muscles trying to prevent my son from head butting him, or maybe my head would explode as I tried not to curse. So harm could happen even here should George Bush come and clear my brush.

And hey, you know that 45% who wouldn't favor impeachment even if they knew he lied? They all live on my street, and they all have lawn boys.

I really like your blog. I used to live in Boston and I miss it so much!

15/3/06 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Valbee said...

I'm late in weighing in on this, but I'd like to point out that the first commenter said you're comparing a moral issue with a political one. I'm confused. Which one did she think was the moral one?

They both lied, right? Lying is immoral, right?

Lying hurts the people it affects. Which lie affected (or is affecting) more people? I personally don't care who our former president got caught sleeping with, nor do I care who any of our other presidents didn't get caught sleeping with. (And yes, I think the majority of them have succumbed - at one time or another - to the temptations that come with power and notoriety.) No one I know was directly or indirectly hurt by Clinton's affair with Lewinsky.

But plenty of people I know have been affected by the war in Iraq. My former landlord's family was on shaky ground for several months because the National Guard was considering not letting him retire as planned. My cousin has been in Baghdad twice. I have two sons who, if this war continues, could end up being drafted.

I totally think it's a fair comparison and anyone who believes that we should overlook what Bush did after screaming about what Clinton did... well... actually, I'm pretty sure there's no hope for those folks.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I am neither a republican nor a democrat.)

18/3/06 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.